Gone And Done It Now

teza40

HI 2 ALL.

Ok peoples I'm a mopar fan a chrysler person and yes i do have the ke38 corolla panel van and 87 toyota 4 runner and the 57 vauxhall ute under some sort of re construction at times.

So just recently a mate of mine found a 38 chev sedan in Adelaide, asking price was 12k he got it for 6.6k. running and registered.

Its on its way to me very soon for a strip back to bare metal some rust work and a re paint ( in 2 tone burgundy and champange metallic).

Ok so i start lookin as we start talking cars etc,and bugger wouldnt you know it,I see this 38 dodge sedan in black also in Adelaide, running registered etc,asking price $15,950.

Out of my reach i thought too myself.4x4 is on personal loan yada yada yada.

so i send the guy an e mail asking what would be his lowest aceptable offer on the dodge.he rings me and says i have had it here on the lot for 3 months.Make me an offer, ok i says subject to getting finance between 12-13k.

He was happy with that,so off to the bank and i get money pay out the 4x4 etc.

ring the guy back talk and get the dodge for 11.5k.

so now 7 years debt and a real nice original 38 dodge sedan to go with my mates 38 chev sedan and happy ever after.lol

enjoy the pics

cheers

teza40

the 38 dodge

post-2215-1209434165_thumb.jpg post-2215-1209434220_thumb.jpg

post-2215-1209434262_thumb.jpg post-2215-1209434296_thumb.jpg

the 38 chev

post-2215-1209434346_thumb.jpg

post-2215-1209434404.jpg

post-2215-1209434429.jpg

post-2215-1209434696.jpg

Edited by teza40

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Oh hells yes...

Original Gangster :poke: (note period correct spelling of 'gangster' as opposed to 'gangsta')

I'd love to roll up for a night on the town in the Dodge... dressed up full 30's Chicago style... zoot suit etc... would be awesome :D

Nice score dude.

I didnt even see this thread, Thats a bargain for what you both paid for them, The dodge looks tuffer than the chev.

Hey thanks Trev, yes they are bargains.the dodge more so. I'm glad i paid a bit more for less work this time.

he he he he

cheers

teza

Very nice man :poke:

I myself have a 1959 Dodge Custom Royal!

MoPar for the win :D

Hey thanks,

so kewl i like the look of the 59 custom royals,is it four door or two door hard top?

they are a nice ride either way also.

and yes mopar for the win

cheers

teza

Oh hells yes...

Original Gangster :poke: (note period correct spelling of 'gangster' as opposed to 'gangsta')

I'd love to roll up for a night on the town in the Dodge... dressed up full 30's Chicago style... zoot suit etc... would be awesome :D

Nice score dude.

Hey thanks,

and yes you are right on the money there ,Gangster style it suits it for sure.

Imagine a ganster style wedding, pin stripe suits, tommy guns etc.

The chev will look good in two tone colours when done.

cheers

Teza

^^^^^^

this man said it.

OG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

proper.

cheers, scott

Hey there, LOL yes for sure he did.

Some more pics and both cars are now in Queensland, the chev (mates car) gave a shit load of trouble trying to drive it from Accacia ridge to Ipswich.

Was eventually after a four n half hour wait put on a tilt tray at Richlands to get there (so some mechanical exploring to do on it yet).

The dodge (my car) i picked up the following day,and i tell from the time i turned the key and she fired into life.It was going to be a great drive home and man did it turn some heads.

So glad i paid a bit more money for less work than the chev or the vauxhall ute for that matter.he he heh he eeee

Cheers

Teza

post-2215-1210729232.jpg

post-2215-1210729279.jpg

post-2215-1210730055.jpg

post-2215-1210730136.jpg

post-2215-1210730176.jpg

post-2215-1210730260.jpg

Hi 2 all,

Ok latest update on the chev and the dodge, went out to ipswich on friday 16th/saturday 17th may and started the paint strip job on Deans chev (see pics).

Then sunday was a day out in the dodge,picked my daughters up in the dodge (they didnt know i had bought it)much to their suprise and the x wife`s. (LOL) and we headed out too ebbw vale for the fine iron club swap meet n show 9 was a small affair) i think mainly because of another car show etc on out at greenbank.

had a great day out but the day was very windy,the handling characteristics of the dodge on the highway with high winds

is some what an adventure to say the least.along with the high fuel consumption($60 of fuel at around a $1.43 a litre and 266 kms travelled) with only 3 gears to use on the highway runs it drinks a fair bit (but hey what style and talk about turn heads).

the only mishap was on the run home up the bruce highway when the back left tire seperated, took a chunk out of it (could have been much worse,and i had thought it wasnt destined to last long in any case).

enjoy the pics

cheers n later

Teza

post-2215-1211173463.jpg

post-2215-1211173300.jpg

post-2215-1211173553.jpg

post-2215-1211173612.jpg

post-2215-1211173659.jpg

post-2215-1211173727.jpg

post-2215-1211173931.jpg

post-2215-1211173996.jpg

post-2215-1211174054.jpg

Saw a fully restored ute like the one your doing up. I would have sped up and taken a photo but there were hills in my way and my car shat itself. :yes:

Might I say you are going to have some collection once done.

Saw a fully restored ute like the one your doing up. I would have sped up and taken a photo but there were hills in my way and my car shat itself. :yes:

Might I say you are going to have some collection once done.

Hi JIP,hey thanks for the info,yes i have heard of a few vauxhall utes around the southern side of brissy(a yellow one around slacks creek)a mate of mine has seen it a few times.

Hey a collection you reckon ( for sure) thats what us car guys do best isnt it he he he

cheers

Teza

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in love!

Hi Nightphyre,

Lol yeah i don't blame you for being in love with this pair of 70 year olds ha ha ha.

quick update found a rip on the inside right front tyre the other day,so even more

lucky to have not blown a fronttyre on last outing.So the dodge is shed bound until

i get the dollars for a set of 16 x 600 or 650 black wall radials,white walls would be

so much nicer but ummmm $266 a tyre...ouch

cheers

Teza