Tyre Brands And Size 14's/15's

Hey,

Ill be looking at getting some new rims for my car soon and I'm looking at somthing with grip and a low profile to suit 6-8 inch wide rim

The car will be used for daily at 1st with some hills driving and the odd amature track day

What are you guys running or have had experience with, no need to show results in the same format like i have just thought id throws this up

Brand eg toyo

Model eg Proxes T1-S or T1-R

Size eg 205/50 R15

Results eg Great grip through hills ect

Cost if easily rembered or available

Any experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys,

Matt

Members dont see this ad

Toyo t1r are a great tyre in any size, especially if doing some track work. They will wear pretty quickly though. If you want more of a compromise go the proxes. Last time I priced t1r's it was for my mr2 and that was $225 a tyre for 205/40s 16" but I have heard of guys getting them for $180 when shopping around so in the sizes your looking at shouldn't be too pricey. Having said all that everyone has a different opinion on tyres... in the end the only way is to try them

Bridgestone

Potenza - adrenalins

195/50/15

Great tyre all round, Have em on the mothers sv6 as well, they grip well till the end, and are easy to control once the arse is right out.

Directional tyre.

for the 15's about 150 a tyre for 17's about 300 i think, that may be trade forget

RE55S are a proper semi slick and are NOISY AS FK! Sound like tractor tyres due to the massive tread blocks. They're also direction and left/right so you can only rotate them front to back not side to side which makes managing tyre wear difficult. I decided against using them for that reason alone.

RE55S are a proper semi slick and are NOISY AS FK! Sound like tractor tyres due to the massive tread blocks. They're also direction and left/right so you can only rotate them front to back not side to side which makes managing tyre wear difficult. I decided against using them for that reason alone.

hey so what are you running then or suggest

I run Hoosier A3S05s but they're not particularly street legal (despite being DOT approved). I haven't got any good laps out of these yet because theres always been some other issue with the car. Hopefully in the next few months. On the street (and the track for the best part of a year) I run Bridgestone RE070s on the front but they only come in two sizes one being 225/45R17 and the others a 20 inch tyre for the new R35. The rears are continentals that I'm not particularly fond of.

If you want good semis have a look at Dunlop DZ03G. That's most likely where I'll go for my next set of semi slicks. If you're just looking for top quality street tyres look at some RExxx bridgestones. My 070s are stunning. The wear rates very low despite the fact I've given them a hiding and my only gripe with them is they go a little greasy after a few laps pushing hard but so does every other street tyre.