The All New Toyota Celica 8th Gen

JDM_GUY

This is the All New Toyota Celica 8th gen.

http://www.7tune.com/toyotasubaru-lightweight-sports-car/

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/subaru/2010-s...pe-ar57319.html

I think its kinda wacked but something new is good sometimes. I suppose toyota is aiming to compete with mitsubishi evo's and Subaru WRX's, although the new toyota celica is in project with subaru.

*sorry if this in the wrong section, tried posting it in the news section, please move if its in the wrong spot.

Members dont see this ad

The rumours on this vehicle vary between it being a new Sprinter and a new Celica. Toyota Europe have apparently announced that a new Celica will be released in either 2009 or 2010. So it looks like this will be the Celica. It also looks likely that this vehicle will now weigh about 1,300kg, but will be powered by the 2.0L flat four instead of the 1.5L. Power is estimated to be 210ps and 200Nm, naturally aspirated.

I still think my plan for Toyota to buy Lotus is the best idea. That way all the Toyota sports cars can be resurrected, model shared with Lotus (with some substantial differences in materials, power, and price), and Lotus's range can be expanded whilst remaining cost effective. WIN!!!

I still think my plan for Toyota to buy Lotus is the best idea. That way all the Toyota sports cars can be resurrected, model shared with Lotus (with some substantial differences in materials, power, and price), and Lotus's range can be expanded whilst remaining cost effective. WIN!!!

Very true! if lotus wasn't so expensive, I'd buy one to rock the toyota power.

I think there's a reason why toyota did this, for reasonable price range for sports car but sacrifices the originality of TRD with subaru.