My Ke20

benpedder

Using acrylic car paint is also quite toxic, you wont need to worry about a full body suit but still need to wear a gas filter face mask otherwise you will be flying high as a kite.

Looks like you got everything under control, keep up the great work! :no2:

Johno.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

acrylic is good for the diy ers.

simple if you want it to last use an acrylic paint but a 2pack clear.

acrylic is easy to sand if there are imperfections and it can be redone quickly.

with a 2 pack paint you don't want to stuff it up!

once the colour is perfect hit it with a 2 pack clear.

if the clear comes out orange peely you only nedd to wet rub and buff!

also acrylic is cheaper. DON"T skimp on your clear coat! that protects the colour!

Edited by blackrolla80

well if acrylic is for Diy users I'm pretty sure we will be using 2pack, dad painted his old van a few years ago and his corolla QUITE a few years ago so he has experience.

I'm doing all the prepping. (sanding)

and he is doing all body work and painting as he knows what he is doing.

is great having a mechanic for a dad haha

and for that strung out thing, was there when i got it, what the hell is it :no2:

and for that strung out thing, was there when i got it, what the hell is it :dance:

I kinda guessed it was there when you got it.

Its a Rock band from america. :no2:

STRUNG OUT

And my dads a mechanic and he never does anything on my rolla. I guess he doesnt want to more work after he gets home from work.

He did help with me engine conversion though.

welll.. took the bonnet off today by myself woot quite proud. hurt my arm heaps holding it up (the bad one from being hit by a car last week, yeah it still hurts heaps) sanded the bottom of that a bit which also hurt heaps (right arm being my main arm :cool: )then i cleaned up in the engine bay a bit turned out heaps better than before especially considering i didnt really do that much, thats about it for today though :y:

will take some photos if requested :hmm: :sob:

Sooo.. my car is all prepared, :fuzz: basically... little tiny bit of sanding under the bonnet and its time to start getting ready to paint. after dad fixes the bootlid then it shal be complete. I'm estimating it will be done by my birthday (october 10) I HOPE...

well, tomorrow morning me and dad are going out to look at another 71' ke20 :yes: hopefully get that and take some parts (bootlid, dash, door trims) can't wait,

asking price is $250 but it hasnt been registered for about two years and has just been a paddock basher, so guna try and get it down to $150 shal be good :)

well just got back from looking at the 71 corolla and it was crap :D don't think there was a straight panel on it anywhere, didnt have a dash and the bootlid was worse than mine, (the two main reasons i wanted to get it) rust in heaps of places, was asking 250 and i don't reckon it would have gotten 150 :wink:

WELLLL dad got the undercoat the other day, so its getting close, school holidays now but there isnt much for me to do :wink: trying to convice dad to take holidays and get this thing painted :wink: :D no other updates really, been lazy haha

Did you use single or 2 pack undercoat?

Did you have much problems with silicon reation under the hood?