Gathering/meet And Greet. Saturday 21st June

dfunkt

yeah, don't believe everything you see in pics. it's absolutely shocking, like it should be...being a KE and all :(

it'll probably take a few (3 or so) more weeks to get this back on the road, and another 2 after that to get time on the dyno for a tune and jet swap (if needed)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yes... I think were all mad. My ears still hurt after the missus cracked it with me for firing it up at 11:45ish PM! Didnt go down to well at all!

Engine came up pretty well actually, looks heaps better than what was in there and has really brought the engine bay up to spec. Just need to spend an hour getting the inlet manifold off again (yes, it will take that long) and put a set of manifold studs in the head to make things easier. Have to get the intake and exhaust manifolds machined to the same thickness as well, something that slipped our minds saturday!

So really, not much to do now.

Thanks to all that came out and gave us a hand. Was a bloody good night, will happily lend a hand where needed for other attending rollaclub members!

And Cam... you forgot your shoes! :(

JP

Time? Suburb? Tools?

An in Hughesdale and it will be a project for all day Saturday I suspect. Reality is I have a dozen bolts to undo and then she should come straight out.. swap the gearbox over and a few other bits and pieces and I should be away... so I don't actually think I need a hand... could be famous last words though :(

one man show all the way.... i've done a few recently with mates that don't show up until i'm finished the bolting/wiring up.

all those gathered around my car were all there for the piss and only really made the engine look "pretty" and diagnostics.

as you can see, there was one humping me, one trying to pull me out from under the car, the humping one dancing in the bay.

one man show all the way.... i've done a few recently with mates that don't show up until i'm finished the bolting/wiring up.

all those gathered around my car were all there for the piss and only really made the engine look "pretty" and diagnostics.

as you can see, there was one humping me, one trying to pull me out from under the car, the humping one dancing in the bay.

if it wasnt for mates who else would drink your beer hehehe

One man show..pfttt...

Come on man! Who bolted your twins on? and ground your manifold to fit? painted the radiator support? and who was working on it before you even got there? hahaha, we did our share for some drinks! hahahaha, I even loaned out the shed and backyard!

Hey, it was a job well done by all, even if we were and still are all taking the piss!

I just can't wait to get the single on and hear this camy note! Will be even better once the twins go back on.

So, whos up for the Fridge Swapmeet Sunday? Coldest swap meet in Aus! Apart from work Tate thats the only time I'm unavailable this weekend, help yourself to the shed at any time though dude. Will catch you then

i know this weekend wasn't a one man show....but all the car's i've had in my carport i've done 90% of the work on my own. on maybe 2 occasions when pulling out/putting in an engine i had help.

i'll be coming round satday morning again to get helicoil kit for headstuds. i might have time satday arvo for installation, will see how cleaning the front deck and carport goes. it will be at least 1 heaped trailer, possibly 2 if i have some of dad's crap too.

and as for the Fridge, i'll be there, just pick me up on your way.

EDIT: on second thoughts, i'll just grabthe helicoil kit satday and spend the rest of it cleaning...sunday after the fridge i'll come back and spend time on car. less hassles me thinks (read less complaints from the partner) :P

Edited by dfunkt

I always enjoy playing cars with a group of mates. It was a fun night but the trip home was a bit hairy when we hit dandenong at 2am with horizontal rain. Thanks cam for letting us know about the trailer plug draggin on the ground :D. Sorry to hear about upsetting the missus jarrad but we had to know if it worked.

I had a hell of alot fun doing it and would be more than happy to do it again.

LB