Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ever Seen One Of These?

Featured Replies

Hey check this.

 

serviced my 911 today, and when I pulled the rotor out I got a strange surprise. Check it out below.

 

Funny offset rotor arm. In the centre, the yellow thing is spring loaded with an electrical contact on the end. Centripetal force drives it out until it makes contact with the tab on the outside.

 

I think its a crude sort of rev limiter, because once it contacts it will earth through the driveshaft of the dizzy.

 

The replacement item I bought was just your garden variety rotor, so If anyone knows any more about it, I'm all ears.....

post-2873-1213530998_thumb.jpg

Hey check this.

 

serviced my 911 today, and when I pulled the rotor out I got a strange surprise. Check it out below.

 

Funny offset rotor arm. In the centre, the yellow thing is spring loaded with an electrical contact on the end. Centripetal force drives it out until it makes contact with the tab on the outside.

 

I think its a crude sort of rev limiter, because once it contacts it will earth through the driveshaft of the dizzy.

 

The replacement item I bought was just your garden variety rotor, so If anyone knows any more about it, I'm all ears.....

 

 

Its an aftermarket rpm governor mostly fitted to hire cars of that era.

Yeh it figures. don't think it was standard on the porsche, and I reckon they have a seperate rev limiter.

 

Might get more redline out of it now.... I'll check.

 

Crazy germans.

 

Had one that looked just like it on my 75 Bmw 2002. As said its a rev limiter. Was standard on the Bmw.

Do you wanna show us some pics of the 911?

Maybe a rides thread or something...... :lolcry:

Nice, was thinking of getting an old 911 myself for a while

(did not wanna save for so long though!)

 

We will see, maybe i will be rich and famous one day........................lol

  • Author

30k will get you a 3 Litre 911SC in good nick. I paid 25.5 for mine, it's mechanically very good, but the paintwork is original and has a few touchups and blemishes.

 

Low - Mid 20 will get you an earlier 2.7 Litre in even better nick, but the 3L SC is the better, more reliable car.

So you have more power than when you took me for a squirt the other week?

 

yikes!

  • 3 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.