June 15, 200818 yr comment_253532 Hey check this. serviced my 911 today, and when I pulled the rotor out I got a strange surprise. Check it out below. Funny offset rotor arm. In the centre, the yellow thing is spring loaded with an electrical contact on the end. Centripetal force drives it out until it makes contact with the tab on the outside. I think its a crude sort of rev limiter, because once it contacts it will earth through the driveshaft of the dizzy. The replacement item I bought was just your garden variety rotor, so If anyone knows any more about it, I'm all ears..... Report
June 15, 200818 yr comment_253539 Hey check this. serviced my 911 today, and when I pulled the rotor out I got a strange surprise. Check it out below. Funny offset rotor arm. In the centre, the yellow thing is spring loaded with an electrical contact on the end. Centripetal force drives it out until it makes contact with the tab on the outside. I think its a crude sort of rev limiter, because once it contacts it will earth through the driveshaft of the dizzy. The replacement item I bought was just your garden variety rotor, so If anyone knows any more about it, I'm all ears..... Its an aftermarket rpm governor mostly fitted to hire cars of that era. Report
June 15, 200818 yr Author comment_253551 Yeh it figures. don't think it was standard on the porsche, and I reckon they have a seperate rev limiter. Might get more redline out of it now.... I'll check. Crazy germans. Report
June 15, 200818 yr comment_253580 Yeh it figures. don't think it was standard on the porsche, and I reckon they have a seperate rev limiter. Might get more redline out of it now.... I'll check. Crazy germans. Had one that looked just like it on my 75 Bmw 2002. As said its a rev limiter. Was standard on the Bmw. Report
June 16, 200818 yr Author comment_253627 Nailed it down the street this morning. That extra 200 revs makes such a huge difference! Just have to make sure I don't valve bounce her now....... haha. Report
June 16, 200818 yr comment_253662 Do you wanna show us some pics of the 911? Maybe a rides thread or something...... :lolcry: Report
June 16, 200818 yr Author comment_253664 Haha, I'll get some pics. It looks just like a 911 really haha. Except its filthy because its now my daily and the front spoiler is trashed from hitting things. Report
June 16, 200818 yr comment_253676 Nice, was thinking of getting an old 911 myself for a while (did not wanna save for so long though!) We will see, maybe i will be rich and famous one day........................lol Report
June 16, 200818 yr Author comment_253816 30k will get you a 3 Litre 911SC in good nick. I paid 25.5 for mine, it's mechanically very good, but the paintwork is original and has a few touchups and blemishes. Low - Mid 20 will get you an earlier 2.7 Litre in even better nick, but the 3L SC is the better, more reliable car. Report
June 16, 200818 yr comment_253874 So you have more power than when you took me for a squirt the other week? yikes! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now