February 8, 200521 yr comment_31058 I have a VDO tacho installed in my car. It worked fine with the standard points style ignition, but since i changed over to an electronic ignition with my 5k, the tacho doesnt work. I've read that the negative wire from the tacho may have to be wired in series with the negative wire that goes to the coil. The tacho also has five switches on the back. I realise that these switches have to be in the correst position. But what positions are right - the only info i could find related solely to tacho's with 6 switches. There are 4 electrical terminals on the back of the tacho too. Thanks in advance. Report
February 8, 200521 yr comment_31082 I *think* the terminals are meant to be something along the lines of - positive + - negative - - coil - light ? Report
February 9, 200521 yr comment_31121 i think you need to speak to VDO and get a manual or diagram for your tacho Report
February 9, 200521 yr comment_31123 if you speak to VDO please post the result here.. a friend of me has a VDO tacho without the manual so he doesn't know which ones to what.. hehe Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now