Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 Front Seat Upgrade

Featured Replies

Hi all, I am in the process of changing my front seats out of my daily driver ke20, and would like to know what kind of seats fit without to much trouble. :yes:

Mine have lost most of it's foam stuffing and it feels like your sitting on the floor, so I would like some comfortable seats with some sideways support, just rember

being a two door, that the back part has to fall forward as I need access to the rear seat for passengers. :D

Cheers, Mark. :D :fuzz:

recaros (at least two different models i've had before) will use your stock ke20 seat rails (with some slight modifications, no welding)

Autotechnica seats bolt straight in using the KE20 rails :yes:

I have a good one in my KE25 & it fits nicely :D very comfortable

I have a pair of cheap quality Autotechnica's in my KE26 and they also fit....

but they need a few spacers under one side because they're rubbing against the B pillar.

post-3246-1215423940_thumb.jpgpost-3246-1215423953_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Thanks guys for your seat recommendations, but I am only after seats that I can pull out of another car, I'm not really after race style seats.

I want a bit of an idea, so when I go around the local wreckers, I know what car to look for. :yes:

eg. corolla, mazda etc

Please keep all your replies coming.

Thanks. :D :D

I've got some s13 silvia seats in my turbo car, just made some simple brackets to fit them onto the corolla rails.

Coming from a 2 door they also flip forward like you need. I got them from daewo dave when he found that power pole for $80.

 

Let me know if you wanna have a look at them. Happy to help you fit something too! :D

 

Also see if you can't find a nice set of s5 rx7 seats, s5's have more bolstering than a s4 seat.

Hey alll , i have MR2 seats in my 25 , a bit stiff but they are still very comfy

i've now got series6 rx7 seats in the ke20. you just need some angle line and a bit of steel plate.

 

these seats are the $hit! suede, buckety and small enough to not look ridiculous in a ke20.

Thanks guys for your seat recommendations, but I am only after seats that I can pull out of another car, I'm not really after race style seats.

I want a bit of an idea, so when I go around the local wreckers, I know what car to look for. :yak:

eg. corolla, mazda etc

Please keep all your replies coming.

Thanks. 8| :)

My KE26 wagon came with KE30 seats fitted with no mods......

Also KE70 seats bolt straight in as far as i have been told.

When it comes to Honda seats you can't go past Late 80's Integra seats....not too big & nice flat base to work with.

What other seats have people used ?

 

I think I might do the swap as well, as mine are a bit worn.

How much were yours Doug ?

(If you don't mind me asking)

post some picks of mine in a sex

post-5723-1215605313_thumb.jpg

Edited by mitch4397

i got hyundai excel seats in my 20...not sure who put em in, or of there were mods to the rails, but there quite comfy and have been trimmed to match the rest of the original interior....

hey mate,

 

ive got a pair of KE2# seats sitting in the shed. were apparantly re uposltered recently before i bought them (bout 4 months ago). only used them in my 25 for about 2months before i took them out and sold the car. no rails, will bolt directly to ur old rails. urs for 100.

 

CHEERS

Ryan

Ryan, could you PM me some pics ?

 

Mitch yours look like a good comprimise, not to modern and out of place but comfy.

Will look into those some more.

hey mitch, what seats are they?? they look the same as the ones in my KE20, i was told they are Honda seats. yours looks nice with the retrim, I'm gonna have to get mine done.

Edited by godlovesugly

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.