Cut'n'shut Panhard Rod (for Ke70)

derill

i'm an apprentice fabricator so figured i may as well do a little cut and shut job on my ke70's panhard rod.

just wondering roughly how much i should shorten it by,

the cars' running 6kg rear springs, and is about 2 inches lower than standard.

Members dont see this ad

I'm pretty sure Redwarf measured up Teddys KE70, did the maths and came up with something like a few MM of offset. Woopie!

If you're a fabricator why don't you just piss off the panhard all together and put a watts link setup in.

My corona lowered 3 inch's scrubbed on the drivers side bad enough to leave strings of rubber hanging off the tire so a adjustable panard rod would have solved that.

Same with my t18 now, Only scrubs on one side.

a 4" lift in a patrol puts the diff about 25mm out of line, so thats gotta be moved 12.5mm

so for a 2" drop it would be around 6mm of movement.

on my car, some fool made the wheels different offsets one side to the other to compensate for this.

its more than 1 or 2 mm from standard height to wheel tucking, i might run the maths myself and have a play. obviously the greater the angle on the panhard the bigger the effect of moving it up and down, but theres something funky goin on with teddys being on 40mm out of flat or whatever.

hrmm

cheers, andrew

It would depend on the individual vehicle. It doesn't suprise me that a 4" lift gives you that much deflection, as when that vehicle is lifted, it offset increases in greater proportion.

I can only tell you what I found on Teddy's car, which is that deflection on a 70, over a wide range of heights is minimal.

Edited by Redwarf