Ke35 - 4agze On Its Way

sleepy92

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

they are the wheels off miller's ke35... bought them off ChrisGT when he upgraded his wheels

i'm personally a massive fan - they look mad on this car

what made you get sick of the ke35?

edit: found a missing bracket that allowed me to get the centre console semi-mounted... anyone remember how to attach the front brace to the console to completely secure it?

thanks... mark

Edited by sleepy92

• 3 weeks later...

installed a Pioneer headunit + 4" front spkrs + 6"x9" rear spkrs on monday.... sounds good considering what i spent getting it!

Looking for someone who's selling:

T50 from sprinter or ae71

Diff from TA22, RA23 etc Celica

4A RWD engine mounts

or anything else that might be useful for 4A conversion

Edited by sleepy92

• 2 months later...
Conversion is under way as of today...

I'll begin a bit of a diary as soon as i start snapping some pictures

this will make a tidy little project most 35's that i have looked at are full of rust, this one looks quiet tidy. I look forward to watching the progress.

Progress so far:

1. T Series Diff from RA23 Celica - spring mounts and torsion bar mounts have been cut off. Leaf Spring Platforms have been welded in place. Leaf Springs are in the process of being reset. Anyone looking to do a T-Series diff conversion into a leaf sprung KExx will need to get larger U-Bolts to fit around the larger diameter diff housing.

2. Original Crossmember modifications and new engine mounts fabricated. Doing this has allowed me to mount the engine lower and further back towards the firewall. Hoping this improves my handling due to lower centre of gravity, and less weight in front on the front axle

3. Intake Modifications - (pics soon)

4. SC14 - strangely enough, the SC14 fits better (pics soon)

Still to be done:

1. Tailshaft (from Celica... Celica T50 has different spline, so i need to get the AE86 front end put on so it fits the sprinter T50)

2. Fuel System

3. Wiring

4. Finish Hydraulic Clutch

5. Finish Supercharger Piping

6. Exhaust

Tailshaft is completed

Hydraulic Clutch setup is nearly done

Exhaust is going to be a bit of a dodgey home job til i can afford to do it proper. any suggestions on how to get a nice balance between quietness and airflow in my exhaust, i'd love to hear it. When i had the GZE in my ae92 hatch, it droned like a mofo at highway speeds, and was generally way louder than i wanted. i want it to be as subtle as possible

the body is a bit rougher than i'd like, but cleaning it up is next on the list after getting the drivetrain upgraded

alternately, if anyone has a clean ke35 or ke55 hardtop shell that the want to part with, let me know :y:

I have been looking for a immaculate hardtop / hardtop shell for 2 years, they seem to rust unless dry stored, look at the front chassis rails if they are OK you are normally on a winner.