Diagrams

strola

Hey all,

I know this is a little bit of a strange request, does anyone have the original workshop manual for a ke10 and does it have the chassis component breakdown (exploded view). The Car I am looking at has some rust in a couple of area whihc I would love to look at the body structure BEFORE cutting the car. Any help would be appreciated. :dance:

Secondly I am sure someone has it somewhere but I have not found too much is the wiring diagram for same above mentioned vehicle. Although I suspect I will be drawing my own one... :dance:

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

Yes, as with all early Toyota manuals, it is pretty detailed. If no one else has already done so, I will scan it and post up by tonight. The electrical diagram is on one small page and a little hard to read.

Are there particular areas of concern?

It is well worth buying a copy if you plan on getting a car.

Try Motor Book World in Canterbury, they usually have one.

There is more detail, especially for the loom, but best to get your own copy, or I'll be here all day.

WOW Parrot,

Thanks for that, it does not show enough detail in the areas I was hoping. Couple of questions...

What is on 1-41, 1-42, 1-43?

Does the electrical section have colours?

Is this all of the electrical section.

I know of Motorbook world and had rung them already. They seemed to want to offer me gregorys.. :dance: upon talking with them they stated that the original manual was in parts. there was two that he did have which I have put aside but have not had a chance to pick up yet. It seems that they don't have all the bits.. is this true? I do know that the parts reserved are not electrical based :dance:, but I suspect I am a little way off yet. Yes I will be looking at getting the manuals but I suspect this will be a time consuming thing. I gather Toyota don't have them anymore... (hopeful I know!!)

I have cleaned up your scans and included them in a pdf for others that require them. :dance: All pages have been rotated and most of the yellow taken out.. :P

Cheers

EDIT: made more readable. :y:

KE1x_1_Body_Optimised.pdf

KE1x_3_Body_Electrical_Optimised.pdf

Edited by strola

No worries. This is the "Body Group" book (No. 98412-1), and the only KE1x book I have, beside an owners manual.

It does have more so if you are after something specific let me know and I will have a look through.

I am just around the corner from Motor Book World and not surprisingly no the guys in there pretty well. Can have a look on Monday if you like.

The electrical section is pretty good showing the Harness layouts, what the plugs look like and location of these, plus the wiring colours. Everything is black and white. There are about 9 pages dedicated to the harness and general wiring diagrams.

If you hang on a bit, I will scan up some more pages. I'll let you tizz them up!

3-23 is just type.

The beauty of JPG over PDF is that just by clicking on the image you can enlarge it with total clarity

Sweet, Thanks again Parrot.

Yep here what you state with the clarity thing. However, The files listed above are optimised not the originals. only had to do this because the original was 3.5Mb and 0.9Mb respectively. These where done at work (yes I have no life) and rollaclub only have a 1Mb limit. The one shown above are a next best option, but do contain everything and will printout beautifully. :dance:. Thanks for the offer of MBW. I have frequented there in the past so know the store well, was suprised to find that they had moved... :dance: I will PDF the rest of these tomorrow.

It seems that section still don't show the detail I am after, maybe it is in the vents and air control section. I am looking for the specifics on the c piller. as the car I am lookign at has silicon and bog all through it and is rusting a little bad. I don't think it will be too bad of a repair BUT would dearly love to have a look at the construction of the vents and pillar before I just jump in and hack it up.

Cheers

PS: Thanks again for your assistance :dance:

I have a similiar issue with my KE25 in that someone has put some bog into a dent in the A pillar. Eventually I will dig it out and see what sort of damage there is, hopefully it will just need a gentle pull out.

I have actually cut out an A pillar from a KE20 I found at pickapart to get a good idea of how it is constructed in cross section, and surprisingly it is reasonably complex.

• 3 weeks later...