"jesus" - The Sacrificial Lamb?

machg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallelujah! The end is in sight. Took the POS back to Jonny and did some tests and fixed a couple of small things. Car got better and better as I drove home. Car is now about 75% right, so good to finally make some progress. Thanks heaps Jonny, UR a legend. Funny story that happened today too...http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=21921&st=1020

Was in hobart sunday and saw this car RACING through town, weaving in and out of traffic.

Its absolutely flat out doing 110 km/h down hill and has very poor throttle response, I might have been trying to keep momentum up. It didn't start running better until I got to Sorell, then it magically came good. I very much doubt my speed would have been more than 10 km/h over the limit. Sorry if I scared/offended anyone.

Mark

Have fiddled with the airflow 'mixture' screw (actually a simple air by-pass) and car is running a bit better again, still not 100%. Had a wierd problem with it spitting the HT lead off number 3 plug, but that seems to have come right as well. Have a set of 2nd hand 195/50r15s to throw on the TRX rims, hopefully the local servo will let me use their tyre changing machine, LOL.

Have fiddled with the airflow 'mixture' screw (actually a simple air by-pass) and car is running a bit better again, still not 100%. Had a wierd problem with it spitting the HT lead off number 3 plug, but that seems to have come right as well. Have a set of 2nd hand 195/50r15s to throw on the TRX rims, hopefully the local servo will let me use their tyre changing machine, LOL.

Start with a few basics again compression test, HT lead Resistance, Plug gap,spark intensity, fuel age.

Start with a few basics again compression test, HT lead Resistance, Plug gap,spark intensity, fuel age.

150 psi on all 4, 'new' leads, new plugs, average, new fuel. Because it is running "O.K." I am thinking of pressing on and turbo'ing it, hoping that using a microfueller can compensate for incorrect fuelling. The only thing I can think of checking that I haven't yet is fuel pressure at the rail. Is it possible to get spark plugs that are the wrong resistance or something? It keeps spitting an HT lead off number 3 cylinder! If plugs were too high resistance, I could imagine it might cause this, and maybe the other problems too....The TRX alloys with 195/50R15s look fully sick, no scrubbage except for absolute full lock. Will post pics when I find camera.