Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1990 & 1991 Atcc

Featured Replies

I'm slowly restoring an ex-Bob Holden Group A Corolla Sprinter and I'm struggling to find any photo's or records of the car at events other than Bathurst.

 

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with photos, entry lists, reports or results from the Australian Touring Car Championship in 1990 & 1991.

 

[email protected]

Is that the one that at one point had a 1GG in it? This was somewhere around the early mid nineties that it was at a workshop in Tullamarine, I think it was still Bob's at the time, although I can't remember which series it was being run in. Could possibly find out if it's the same car......

  • Author
Is that the one that at one point had a 1GG in it? This was somewhere around the early mid nineties that it was at a workshop in Tullamarine, I think it was still Bob's at the time, although I can't remember which series it was being run in. Could possibly find out if it's the same car......

The sister car to mine was still owned by Bob Holden in 1993 when he fitted a 2 litre Toyota engine and ran the car in the 2-litre Toruing Car Championship against naturally aspirated Sierras, 2 litre BMW M3s and the early Super Tourers.

  • Author
Have a search around on here.

 

Would be surprised if there wasn't something, it is pretty comprehensive.

Thanks for the tip Parrott, I've already been there and bought the only two pics they had of my car, Bathurst '86 & '91.

The sister car to mine was still owned by Bob Holden in 1993 when he fitted a 2 litre Toyota engine and ran the car in the 2-litre Toruing Car Championship against naturally aspirated Sierras, 2 litre BMW M3s and the early Super Tourers.

 

 

No worries, I know he had a couple of them, and that was the one I could get info on.

 

Best of luck!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

A member of another forum has sent me a complete list of results for 1990 & 1991. It appears that my car nearly always ran #76 in that period. All i need now is some photos, please!

Try 10 Tenths Australian Motorsport Forum. There a a lot of people there that have info on Grp A Tourers.

 

I had no luck with my resources - 90 & 91 is an era that I lack. If it was earlier or later I could help.

  • Author
Try 10 Tenths Australian Motorsport Forum. There a a lot of people there that have info on Grp A Tourers.

 

I had no luck with my resources - 90 & 91 is an era that I lack. If it was earlier or later I could help.

Hi Col,

 

already done, thanks mate.

noticed that today. Me bad.

  • 7 months later...
  • Author

I mamanged to buy a 1990 ATCC DVD with some shots of my car, so i have an idea of how the car looked, but it's too blurry to read any sponsor logos. If anybody has a photo of car #76 from the 1990 or 1991 ATCC, I would love to see it.

I met Bob Holden at the Phillip Island classic not long ago. He said he still attends many historic events with his little corolla hatch. It might be in your best interest to see if you can get into contact with him as he is an extremely helpful and approachable bloke. Also put up some pics of the beast if you have any!

 

Best of luck.

Matt.

  • Author
I met Bob Holden at the Phillip Island classic not long ago. He said he still attends many historic events with his little corolla hatch. It might be in your best interest to see if you can get into contact with him as he is an extremely helpful and approachable bloke. Also put up some pics of the beast if you have any!

 

Best of luck.

Matt.

Thanks Matt, i see Bob regularly at historic race meetings and was talking to him on the phone just yesterday. He's got some photos he is going to try and dig up.

 

I have a few photos of the car racing back in the day, and a few of it now, partly restored.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.