Te72 (t18) Brake And Suspension Conversions

Phrantic

Now with some Roll center adjusters added:

COROLLA RCA Notice that the steering arm now nearly operates on the same plane as the steering rack

corollarcaqo6.gif

RA40 RCA There is an improvement of the angle, but it still isn't as good as a factory strut.

ra40rcayo7.gif

To some people this kinda thing won't worry you, but it's all about how hard you drive your car, or if you're planning to race competitively. Things like this to the eye don't look like much, but when it comes to shaving a few seconds a lap on the track to mow down a racer with more power it can mean all the difference :fuzz:

The steering arm references aren't spot on, but I hope you can visualise what I mean

Edited by beerhead

• 7 months later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going through the same process at present with a TA22 diff in a KE55 coupe.

Looking to see what disc brake options i have for the rear. I've heard that 86 Corona are close to a bolt on answer

but until i can get hold of some i'm a bit doubtful.

I'm looking at doing the XT130 coilover conversion for my fronts.

just need to figure out how much to shorten them by and where exactly to mount the threaded sleeve on the strut housing.

Adjustable camber tops ready to go in as well.

Any advice from anyone who's actually done these and have feedback?

Coupe is a sprint/track car only.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
I'm going through the same process at present with a TA22 diff in a KE55 coupe.

Looking to see what disc brake options i have for the rear. I've heard that 86 Corona are close to a bolt on answer

but until i can get hold of some i'm a bit doubtful.

I'm looking at doing the XT130 coilover conversion for my fronts.

just need to figure out how much to shorten them by and where exactly to mount the threaded sleeve on the strut housing.

Adjustable camber tops ready to go in as well.

Any advice from anyone who's actually done these and have feedback?

Coupe is a sprint/track car only.

Thanks

What strut inserts will you be using on your coil overs?

I used a standard length Koni in my KE35 club car, which meant that I couldn't shorten my XT130 housings at all.

IF you are using a short stroke insert, then you can shorten the housing 30-50mm apparently.

This can do dodgy things to your steering geometry though, and you may need to run roll centre adjustors between the bottom of the strut and the steering knuckle. These can be bought online from a few different sources.

Where abouts are you? I know of a guy in Melbourne and a guy in Sydney who can help you with it.