Ke30 2Door...Almost Done

skd30

I got this ke30 1974 mod a few weeks back for money.

Its a 2 door and i hear there not real easy to find, got it off a friend of a friend.

ive got a ke30 4 door that my mate crashed and its still got alot of goodies on it that are coming across into/onto mine.

what I'm goin to do.

-full re-colour

-4age engin convo (pickin it and a box up this weekend)

-corona front struts

-wheels

-re-trim dash cause its cracked as, but not to worry

-new door trims ans carpet

-sound system (on way)

-lower it and make it look tidy all round pretty much

-i would like to put a g or t series rear axle setup in it but am not to fussed yet, i have originals that will do the job for now.

-not sure if i liek to idea of tinted windows yet

here is what it looks like atm

a few question if anyone could answer that would be great,

1 is there an easy way to clean the engine bay and take off the paint or is the good old hand gonna have to rub it all back?

2 wats everyone think?

cheers

hope you all enjoy watching it evolve, ill put up pics soon as anythin worthy comes along

post-6534-1220440805_thumb.jpg

post-6534-1220443137_thumb.jpg

post-6534-1220443194_thumb.jpg

post-6534-1220443260_thumb.jpg

Edited by skd30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright its been well over a year and not a whole lot has happened but it about to happen. Ive been at uni all year didn't do much work at all but it time it got back on the road and out of dads shed lol.

Scratch everything i said at the top of the post...things have changed.

Heres whats happening now due to lacking funds from uni and not working lol.

IT STAYING STOCK haha...I'm doing a full overhaul to get it looking nice and tidy again (i got it looking like shit as the pics show). new carpet, seats, try do something with the dash, paint the full thing inside out and engin bay, tar the underside etc, etc....just a general clean up.

Theres a few goodies still going in

-some camber Noltec camber tops on ke55 struts and brakes with stiff lower springs

-5 speed box

-stereo system that ell to the trick, 2x 6x9", 2x 6", sub and amp, all clarion...nothing to fancy

-some pretty chrome steelies

Think thats about it

Heres some pics of what i was like and whats been happening the past few weeks, I should be all done by end of feb.

ke30001.th.jpg

ke30030.th.jpg

tar005.th.jpg

ke30027.th.jpg

ke30014.th.jpg

frontend016.th.jpg

ke30020.th.jpg

ke30008.th.jpg

ke30006.th.jpg

ke30036.th.jpg

frontend019.th.jpg

ke30025.th.jpg

ke30007.th.jpg

ke30029.th.jpg

frontend005.th.jpg

ke30011.th.jpg

ke30010.th.jpg

ke30028.th.jpg

ke30022.th.jpg

frontend015.th.jpg

ke30018.th.jpg

earlydays007.th.jpg

earlydays006.th.jpg

ke30016.th.jpg

earlydays005.th.jpg

earlydays008b.th.jpg

ke30032.th.jpg

ke30021.th.jpg

frontend003.th.jpg

ke30003.th.jpg

ke30015.th.jpg

So there some pics, bikes are the other things i spen money on so thought ide stick that in there.

As you can see my drum arnt to flash, there off to the engineers next week.

I had a top hat style piece made up to replace the very rusted out piece under the radiator that so might have picked, local sheet metal fabricator made that up for me.

Happy to hear any suggestions if you notice anything I'm doing dodgy.

Paints holden commy "red hot" the colour you see on the new ones getting around...I'm using 2 pac paint.

With the rear springs theres an extra leaf in there turned upside down the lower it and stiffen it, ill have to see if that get through bluey...if not ill deal with it then

Let me know what you all think.....

Edited by skd30

• 1 year later...

Ive got about 1500-2000 to get this on the road and maybe some mother father sponsors if i need a little more....but thats no budget to fit a 4age in do engineering and rego. I was a chippy when i go that ecar so i had income..now I'm a uni student and tight as lol.

I plan to keep this for a fair while and eventually 4agte it. but that a few years off yet.

Theres primer on all panels sept the boot (doing that tomoro), engine bay and inside of car is also primed. Pretty much up to rubbing it back now. All the rust is taken care of, wasn't much there. Borrowed a mates tar gun to do the underside, probs do that some time in the next week.

The 3k was running when it came out of a crashed ke30 4 door but it pretty easy to turn it over using the flywheel so I'm thinking it might need rings. Ill get a comp tester tomoro in town and will soon know if it healthy or not.

My dash has 3 pretty bad cracks in it so going to take that in this week and get a quote to get it fixed up...ill see what they can do.

So I'm gonna spray the engine bay and inside than start putting it back together and get the outside of the car done by someone who knows what there doing.

The car has to be on the road by the end of feb so should see some changes over the next few weeks.

So thats where its at

hey guys, yeh I went to a local guy he said round 1500 haha...brush that, ill learn it myself for that sorta money.. But he did say theres mobs in sydney and stuff that do reskins...ive gotta look into that yet but ill let you know how it goes. i havent done much on the car the past week, the old boys making me work every day I'm here, got feb off so will get into it more than.

nothing overly exiting but here some pics.

idlerarm010.jpg

Picked my drums up all machined, invoice in the mails so no idea what its cost me yet...I'm assuming cheaper than buying new ones.

idlerarm005.jpg

Moddified spring pack....pulled everything out under the back ready to tar the underbody

idlerarm003.jpg

idlerarm001.jpg

idlerarm004.jpg

Got some new idler arm bushes, the rest are on order for the steering?suspension components.