Ke30 2Door...Almost Done

skd30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some more today...cleaned up the front bumper and put the freshly painted brackets back on.

Made a bracket for the new hood release cable, generic one was half the price of ones on ebay.

Theres some pics of the bonnet which had a bit of ripple in it which i noticed when i was rubbing back.

Nothing to exiting but heres pics anyway

polished patch compared to filthy untouched chrome

bumper012.jpg

All spick and span

bumper013.jpg

The back side...no rust on the front bumper :-)...the back one have rust on the inside so ill just spray that.

bumper010.jpg

some lumps and bumps on the bonnet

bumper002.jpg

filled up

bumper005.jpg

new hood release cable mount

bumper007.jpg

• 1 month later...

any more progress mate this thing is really well done

not yet lol, but my ke55 runs out of rego on the 13th of october and i don't want to put it through rego again...would much rather use th emoney to put this one on the raod....so 2 more weeks of uni the i get a 2 week break so the paln is to get it don then....so plan are

-Paint on

-do minimum needed for raod worthy

-then if i have any time left start making nicer door cards, put in stereo etc.

not yet lol, but my ke55 runs out of rego on the 13th of october and i don't want to put it through rego again...would much rather use th emoney to put this one on the raod....so 2 more weeks of uni the i get a 2 week break so the paln is to get it don then....so plan are

-Paint on

-do minimum needed for raod worthy

-then if i have any time left start making nicer door cards, put in stereo etc.

sounds like a plan and hope it all works out for you just keep addin pics and info cause i am keen to read and look at this become a road warrior lol

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so a small update, getting stuck into the sanding, missing some skin on my fingers lol.

All the wiring is sorted out, got a volt meter and figured out the wire for stereo and some other bits, also hooked up my levers and duct for the heater with loads of inox to get them moving freely and without noise,gotta love that stuff.

Its almost ready for paint, I'm gonna make up a booth, got heaps of scaffolding and ill get a role of black plastic and make a big tent type thing with a ply floor 9got loads of the stuff here, cheers dad :-))

The plan is to have it ready early next week, gotta book it in for a wheel alignment and get an exhaust bent up then its ready.

Also my wire mesh on the demister vents was shot so I used fly screen, still blows through fine (not sure what others do but this came up good). Sprayed em black for a tidy up too.

A few pics so far, has changed a little these are a few days old

more004.jpg

more005.jpg

more006.jpg

more007.jpg

more012.jpg

more015.jpg

more009.jpg

So the plan was to have it on a trailer heading to town for blue slip on tuesday.

WELL

That not gonna happen, shit weather ment i couldn't paint it and I only finished prep work this morning (sanded so much to past few days my finger tips bled haha oops).

So I'm heading to uni for the week then gonna see how the weather is next on the weekend, hopefully ill get it on the road early next week weather permitting.

Other than sanding i did 2 little things, put some plugs around my brake lines and stuck some fresh foam on my vents nothing major.

with the plugs i got solid ones, used a hole punch to ans a stanly to mod them to fit, they were a little big hence cutting out the wedge.

more024.jpg

more019.jpg

more026.jpg

thats is all....hopefully next week ill have some paint to show

So i finally got som epaint on!!

It was raining last weekend, to windy yesterday, and today it was perfect. Cause it was blowing a gale i put my dash in and wired up my stereo :-)

I plan to paint the body of the car tomoro morning and blue slip it on tuesday...pushing it i know lol

So heres a few pics of stuff

This is what i ended up doing with my front badge, what do you think? I'm still not sure, wait and see what it looks like on the car.

more034.jpg

dash in, wheel, just to steer it in the shed, will have a ring around the screw holes and a horn in it when i put it in properly

more040.jpg

bit of clarion sound, the hole had been cut in there by the last owner (would have much rather had the old am radio and tape deck in there and stuck the sterio in the glove box...but we can't have it all i spose

more042.jpg

Dash, has a few cracks but i don't have to money to re-skin it just yet.

more045.jpg

The makeshift spray booth

more047.jpg

On the inside

more049.jpg

Paint paint paint

more054.jpg

And some more

more055.jpg

My lovely exhaust fan lol...it helped a little bit

more056.jpg

And for shits and giggles, the dash that came with the car haha...just a bit rough lol

more044.jpg