Holden By Name, Corolla By Default

Bowler

Update time for me...

haven't really done much recently - had an issue with charge, where by the regulator (after some 100K) understandably was on its way out. So spent the first 20 minutes at work in the carpark yesterday (with the aid of tools from the shelves :)) replacing that. Secondly, I finally got around to fitting/tinting my new tail lights - came out alright, however, there seems to be about a 5mm depth difference between the rear boot cowling and the lights...so I'll need to investigate this further.

Pics...(NB, needs a wash i know - but haven't exactly had time, hehe)

DSC02737.jpg

"Grrrr...I'm a BIG car" - Pose...

DSC02738.jpg

Also, I managed to score some SS callipers off Ebay for just under $100, so looking forward to getting them...Alls I need now is some 15s (in a similar style to the SX) for not very much, and I'll be apples :(

Edited by Bowler

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

OK, so I haven't done anything recently, however the engine (just passing 363K), is starting to feel tired. I believe the rings on No. 3 are on their way out, due to high fuel consumption, low compression (especially when cold), and higher oil consumption. so now the big question, what next? Ruddy Money is going to help fund a 4ag conversion, but I'm undecided as to what. Has anyone fitted a redline manifold to a FWD AE series? Are there carbs out there that can run the existing emissions gear? as soon as I take any of the emissions gear off, the car will become un-roadworthy, and amongst other things, uninsurable. But for ease of conversion, would be the cheapest option in terms of labour. That's right, unfortunately due to may commitments (namely work, uni), I won't be able to do this myself as first planned. The second option is of course the 20V. I can keep the existing cooling system, and it'd be "relatively" simple to plug in the loom. I'm considering sourcing just the engine, gearbox, loom and computer, to save on stuffing around (and again labour) of a halfcut, so my question about this is, will i need any of the power steering reservoirs from the 20v, charcoal canisters, etc? or just the engine/loom/computer/gb/fueltank?

Another thing which I've heard mentioned a few times is the hard lines from the fuel tank. Do I need to run anymore than what I already have? Or will the existing return from the charcoal canister be sufficient?

Anyway, I think thats about it for the moment

Cheers

Andrew

• 5 months later...

Cheers mate. It is a labour of love. since the last photos, I've fixed up the rear garnish, and put in clear bar lamps at the front. Just about to de-amber the corner lights when I get half a chance too. Outside of that there isn't really any update to it. I just need to save, so I can get the pano on the road, and eventually go a GE in this.