Seabiscuit's Ke36 Purple Monster

seabiscuit

Hey everybody. This is my first thread! I couldn't help resist but tell everybody about

the 1977 KE36 Wagon I just bought off a bloke in Victoria. I haven't actually got the

car yet, BUT I'll be leaving Canberra to pick it hopefully in a week or two. :D

I have BIG plans for the Rolla. I plan to put in a newer, stronger, better etc. motor,

which I'll be discussing with everybody when I get to that stage; Will probably want

to put in a 4AGZE or similar. It's going to be painted a cool color, that I haven't

decided on yet. It is currently colored BA purple, with some orange stripes down

the sides. I'll of course have to put some HUGE :jamie: 15-17" rims with fats on the back.

I like honeycomb grilles, so I'm going to have to try and get my hands on one of

them also!

Here are some pictures of the Rolla off eBay, but I'll take some better photos

when I get it back here in Canberra!

:)

Thanks everybody for looking :P

post-6910-1224320130.jpg

post-6910-1224320145.jpg

post-6910-1224320158.jpg

post-6910-1224320170.jpg

Edited by seabiscuit

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey seabiscuit! Welcome to the club! Gorgeous wagon you've scored yourself there... can't wait to see more

lol maybe you can put a bit of spark into the ACT rollaclub... I'm a bit sad I never got off my ass to be a more active member when I lived in the big bad Berra

Thanks for the welcome everyone! :lol:

I ended up paying $520 for it, which in my opinion was a bloody bargain! Someone here in Canberra was trying to

sell a KE36 in average condition with only a set of cheapo rims for around $1500. I am kind of glad that Corolla's are

pretty cheap cars, but at the same time feel a little disappointed of how little some people appreciate them as a

wonderful little car!

Here is the link to the eBay page. If it doesn't work (as you may need to sign in to read a completed listing), just go

into eBay, and search for "Toyota Corolla Wagon 1977 KE36" in advanced search with the "Completed Listings Only"

box ticked.

I've taken work off for the 1st and 2nd of November weekend, and have planned to pick the car up then from

Pakenham in Melbourne.

It will be a pretty fun drive down there with four people in my 1984 KE70 - which I forgot to mention in my first post -

daily driver. It's a pretty reliable old car, although I do have some trouble with fuel getting into the cylinders of the 4K

engine properly (will have other thread up regarding this).

So thanks again for the welcome everybody and I can't wait to get the Rolla back here in the 'Berra :yes:

Ok, folks. I've started to look around to think about what engine I might be put into the Rolla.

There are a few options for me here.

- Rebuild and work the 3k motor currently in it.

- 4k or 5k motor, rebuilt and worked etc.

- 4age or 4agze.

- Other motor such as CA18, SR20 etc.

- Any other suggestions for a carby engine-

What sort of motor would best suit me for a FIRST project/rebuild/learning opportunity etc.

as I don't want it to be too complicated or too easy. Like I said, this is my first project car,

and I have little previous experience to play around with a whole engine to myself. What I

really want to do is learn more about engines; such as, obviously, how they work, what

things can be done to make them go faster and of course, the things that can go wrong,

how to fix it, etc.

So my question is... For those of you who have had plenty of experience working on

Corolla's and similar cars running similar engines, what would be the best engine options I

can choose from for a great learning experience into older engines and how they work, one

that will be fairly good to work with and lastly one that will kick the most ass in the wagon!

I'll be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks again guys :yes:

Thanks for the advice, Matt. The 5K motor was what I was leaning towards because it should hopefully

be an easy fit, is fairly straightforward and will have some pulling power :lol:

What are some of the fairly simple or common modifications that some people have done to the 5k

to make it "go-hard"? :dance:

Thanks again, guys!

And STILL can't wait to get the car back to Canberra.

p.s. My parents tried to convince me to not buy the car, because they think it will cost too much

to get it back here. I laughed when they told me this, shrugged off the comments and am even

more keen to get it home :yes: which will most-likely be happening on the 1st and 2nd of

November!

I have a 5k in my KE55 coupe, i converted it to EFI and i have Trubo'd it! and that goes good!

But really it depend where you want to go with it and what you want to do!

I have read a lot about the 5k engines on here and they seem to be a good motor! :yes:

Good buy by the way! :lol:

Haha!!! Just spent the last hour or so photoshopping the car to see how customizable it is :(

Where I did the rims, they are the SSR Mesh rims that I have grown to like since seeing plenty of cars on the

RollaClub with them and looking schmick. Although, with these ones, I accidentally inverted the color (from black)

to this awesome bright-gold colour! I doubt anyone could make rims "glow" like this, but gold rims must look

pretty cool anyway :doh: .

I don't really want the paint to look like this, but it still looks kinda cool in this one. The only thing I did, really is

change the color and put some new rims on it, I guess!

Tell me what you think! Haha :laff:

Not a big change but looks alright. What wheel size are you planning on running?? Cause apparently your only legally allowed to go up one size from standard.

Oh and its "Colour" NOT "Color"

Welcome to Australia. :lolcry: