13Bt_Ke20's Ride

13BT_KE20

Guard looks good mate :P. I thought a ke20 could take a wider tyre then a 235? Just from what I've heard never checked on my old one. But my ke36 I think from memory I measuered them to be able to just take a 275 if the offset was perfect however.

Members dont see this ad
dude i was planning on buyin an ma70 supra tomorrow i think I'm goin to buy a ke20 and chuck a rota in it just stock at first and work my way up to u

Glad ive motivated someones else to build a rotarolla, I can't begin to explain how much fun this car is

Guard looks good mate :P. I thought a ke20 could take a wider tyre then a 235? Just from what I've heard never checked on my old one. But my ke36 I think from memory I measuered them to be able to just take a 275 if the offset was perfect however.

Cheers, my 14's are almost perfect offset for my diff and 7 inch rim. I have about an inch either side, IMO anything bigger than a 225-235 and i will have scrubbing issues. Could pump the lip out a bit more and change the offset/width to suit but don't see the point, rear tyres don't last very long and a 225-235/60/15 will fit well and is a common size (commodores gotta be good for something) so tyres will be easier to come by

Cheers

Yeah pirelli do a good 225/60/15 :P and at a decent price. So I see where your coming from mate.

And you've inspired me to. I'll be on the lookout for a 12a for mine once funds permit. I know I've changed minds alot in my thread lol. But just been told on ausrotary that I can get a 12at to be reliable and take 300rwkw with ease and have plenty of scope for more if wanted. But mine will be through a 4 speed jatco. You have a very inspirational car mate :y:

yeh the old rotary can make some gd numbers relaibly, as long as there well looked after. Which really isnt that hard, I drive my car HARD almost everytime i drive it, but its well maintained. Always warmed up properly, start it let it idle for a min or two then cruise until everythings up to temp then its.... :P :y:

The motor in my car which was bought second hand and lasted 18 months of my driving so thats pretty good IMO, id expect the new motor to last alot longer and with some more power

Cheers

Yeah that's it. I've been looking more into how to look after them properly then anything else. Plan is to just find a good stock 12a put my turbo setup on it. Pass engineers and then slowly build up 12at to suit what I'm chasing :P is there a certain power your aiming for? Or more just whatever?

Next time I'm over in s.a I'd love to come and have a look at this thing :y:

Yeah that's it. I've been looking more into how to look after them properly then anything else. Plan is to just find a good stock 12a put my turbo setup on it. Pass engineers and then slowly build up 12at to suit what I'm chasing :y: is there a certain power your aiming for? Or more just whatever?

Next time I'm over in s.a I'd love to come and have a look at this thing :bash:

sounds gd, the original aim for the car was 200rwkw which ive ready exceeded :P

so anything more is just a bonus, i do however have a new figure in my head. Be interesting to see what the new set-up makes.

Your more than welcome to come check it out, not atm though. Ill update with pics later

Cheers

Today i finished off the passenger guard. Engine strip down has begain too, removed

grille

lights

bumper

rad support

strut brace

rad/fan/overflow+hoses

water spray set-up

FMIC+piping

intake/filter

Top inlet manifold+TB

Alt

disconnected all wiring from motor

Prob an hour or two worth of work and motor/box will be out

177-3.jpg177-2.jpg

Cheers

Nice car, must go hard!

Love the old school rollas....

That amount of power must make it a challenge to keep in a straight line when on boost. Man, with such a short wheel base. Like a hybusa gokart!

thanks, id love to have the front end suspension set-up from ur car. Rack and pin would be great!

yeah the short wheelbase makes it pretty interesting when coming on boost, a fair amount of steering input is usually needed in the first 3 gears.

makes for alot of fun

Cheers

***Note how low my motor is mounted in above pics :lol: ***

Looking good mate. The black bay looks good. And love how low the engine sits also :lol: are you running rubber mounts or solid mount?

bay will be tidied up while the motor+gbox are out, figured might as well

small urathane (sp?) blocks between mount and k-frame so not solid mounted but very close. whole car shakes with BRAP of motor

Cheers

yeah that would be fairly solid ;) lol, wait till your new motor is in :dance:

how much room do you have to the firewall? any pics of how you've mounted yours up close? i will be aiming for mine to be as low and far back as possible without cutting into the firewall obviously.

Matt

yeah that would be fairly solid ;) lol, wait till your new motor is in :dance:

how much room do you have to the firewall? any pics of how you've mounted yours up close? i will be aiming for mine to be as low and far back as possible without cutting into the firewall obviously.

Matt

Ill get some pics next time I'm working on the car

Cheers