13Bt_Ke20's Ride

13BT_KE20

Members dont see this ad
Shiny bits draw attention of the wrong kind :P

EXACTLY!

took the car out to morgan this weekend, wasnt exactly a trouble free trip :(

my low pressure fuel pump (that feeds my surge tank) gave up, lucky i have two primary pumps so with a bit of addition hose managed to rig up one was the pre surge tank pump and run only one primary pump. This was enough to get me home.

The fuel set-up in the boot is now being changed, i will be running a LARGE fuel cell (sick of always filling up the tiny stock 35 litre tank), new surge tank and pumps.

I will start to rip the old set-up out during the week

today i removed the fuel set-up in the boot including the tank.

Ordered my fuel cell, 16 gallon (60ltr) foam filled

Ill give the boot a fresh lick of paint while its empty

While cleaning out the shed i found these, gave them a clean and they came up sweet so I'm stoked!

post-3517-1268208171_thumb.jpg

my corolla watnts to have babies with your corolla..

what would it make?

a 12.5a j-port ke11.20 corolla turbo??

haha i dunno.. if only..

haha a big port big turbo weapon!!!

Found out today that the fuel cell i ordered needs to come from the states and could take AGES, so ive changed my order to a 16 gallon Aluminium foam fill tank with sump and sender unit. Bit more expensive, but don't have to wait as long plus the other tank didnt have a sender so saves me mucking around trying to make my speco one work :no2:

Your Speco one didnt work most of the time......I know you found out the hard way :jamie:

yeh thats was when i just chuck it in the car, after that day i spent a couple of hrs making sure it was more accurate. Plus that day the car didnt actually run out of fuel..... lift pump power cable came off :jamie:

It should be safe to say i wont have anymore fuel issues with the car after i finish the new set-up :no2:

This is the fuel cell ive ordered

post-3517-1268337277.jpg

haha when i owned it ryan i just used to go and fill up and tank everytime i drove it hahaha

sucks when you run out!

Yeh thats pretty much what i was doing, was just a pain in the arse when doing long trips. I take the car out to morgan regularly, which until now entailed me filling up at Kapunda plus needed to fill atleast one 20ltr jerry can just so i could make it there and back to kapunda :no2:

fuel cell arrived today >|

diagrams have bee sent off to get my surge tank made

Got my fitler and ordered my fitting for the tank so hopefully the car isnt in pieces for too much longer. Just waiting for parts basically.

After paying extra for the foam filled tank i found out that i can't run it due to the fact i run pre-mix (it breaks it down) so pulled it out :lolcry:

Surge tank is going to be roughly 3.75ltrs so wont ever have any fuel starvation problems

rear strut brace and rear cage mount brace

post-3517-1269162317_thumb.jpg

custom surge tank

post-3517-1269162359_thumb.jpg

big thanks for Jason!

Battery and box neatly mounted in boot

post-3517-1269162457_thumb.jpg

surge tank and pumps mounted in wheel well and all wired up. fuel return line to the cell too

post-3517-1269162544_thumb.jpg

ALL FINISHED :)

post-3517-1269162621_thumb.jpgpost-3517-1269162654_thumb.jpg

post-3517-1269162671_thumb.jpg

new front lenses

post-3517-1269162737_thumb.jpg

hey mate

I like it looks very neat :P

Cheers Jason, I'm real happy with how it turned out.

Did take alot of time to get it in there properly, worked out it took about 9hrs.

I get so much satisfation from being able to say i built it (with a little help :jamie: ) myself.

BUILT NOT BOUGHT and GO B4 SHOW aredefinitely the best way to describe the car

Lookin' good!

Now, when do I get my first ride in this thing? :jamie:

Can you get fuel cells that would be the same width and height as the factory tank, yet deeper, so you can retain some form of boot space?