Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Featured Replies

were you able to get console aswell ??

  • Replies 522
  • Views 410.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • uhhh going to vic roads for a gearbox conversion? :huh:

  • Back in Melboune a few weekends ago we hosted the first All Japan Day car show, an event hosted many times in other states if I'm not wrong? Got the ke70 all prepped up, and I couldnt believe how much

  • Thanks Jay, once they are clean up they are like a different (new car).   After long searching I found a genuine sx/gti rear muffler, thanks to madrollafan! In good solid condition, just needed the

Posted Images

You would use 5th gear on the freeway, around town the max you would probably shift up to is 4th before you start slowing down. Ahh, trimatic. Thats a dirty word, as long as it does the job thats the main thing mate. I wouldnt mind coming to see your 55. When are you free?

 

 

my fidy5 is at work, awaiting the last peice of the rwc puzzle. door beadings (orderd today from ebay)

 

i should be on the cruise on the 8 / 8 / 10

 

i want my car on the road oready :(

Edited by Evan G

  • Author
were you able to get console aswell ??

 

 

Brian,

Unfortunatley the console had a crack in it, so I left it there. It was grey too which was a shame, I'm assuming your is grey with the green/silver exterior? Paul believed it was an auto console surround even thought it had the fake leather around it. I'll buy one other grey manual console cover off Paul eventually, or swap for something of interest :(

  • Author
my fidy5 is at work, awaiting the last peice of the rwc puzzle. door beadings (orderd today from ebay)

 

i should be on the cruise on the 8 / 8 / 10

 

i want my car on the road oready :(

 

 

Hopefully I can make the cruise so I can see it, yeah waiting for the rwc and reg is the frustrating part so I know how you feel.

Brian,

Unfortunatley the console had a crack in it, so I left it there. It was grey too which was a shame, I'm assuming your is grey with the green/silver exterior? Paul believed it was an auto console surround even thought it had the fake leather around it. I'll buy one other grey manual console cover off Paul eventually, or swap for something of interest :(

 

nah my cars got blue interior but i don't have blue manaul console and the car bought for manual had grey interior aswell but it was damaged

  • Author

Today dad and my self did more cleaning, this time on the diff. The thing was caked with grease like no tomorrow, heaps of degreser was sprayed on and it eventually bubbled away at the grime. As the weather was beginning to turn (rain) I did the quick option and pulled out a tin of petrol and paint brush and went to town that way. Now its schmick and begging for a few coats of gloss black.

 

While I was giving the t-50 a second wash, I noticed where the extension housing mates to the main body of the box there was a relatively new metallic gasket installed which is always a good thing I suppose. I might go out and start buying or shopping around for some new parts too, and maybe buy a gasket for the back or the diff cover plate too.

 

In the boot of the ae82 was a 5 speed gearknob floating around, and next to it was two old casettes. I put each cassette into the deck and guess what..... I plays sounds crysal clear!!! bass, treble, balance, side 1 or 2 shuffle mode works perfectly. Just the Neil Diamond tape was a dud :(

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

Today dad and my self did more cleaning, this time on the diff. The thing was caked with grease like no tomorrow, heaps of degreser was sprayed on and it eventually bubbled away at the grime. As the weather was beginning to turn (rain) I did the quick option and pulled out a tin of petrol and paint brush and went to town that way. Now its schmick and begging for a few coats of gloss black.

 

While I was giving the t-50 a second wash, I noticed where the extension housing mates to the main body of the box there was a relatively new metallic gasket installed which is always a good thing I suppose. I might go out and start buying or shopping around for some new parts too, and maybe buy a gasket for the back or the diff cover plate too.

 

In the boot of the ae82 was a 5 speed gearknob floating around, and next to it was two old casettes. I put each cassette into the deck and guess what..... I plays sounds crysal clear!!! bass, treble, balance, side 1 or 2 shuffle mode works perfectly. Just the Neil Diamond tape was a dud :(

 

 

the only gasket i use is a headgasket the rest threebond, its about $20 a tube and i swear by it

best shiz ever invented!

  • Author
the only gasket i use is a headgasket the rest threebond, its about $20 a tube and i swear by it

best shiz ever invented!

 

:P I'm guessing you can get from repco, supercheap or bursons? As all three are in Thomastown I'll go and buy some.

Thanks for the heads up Evan.

:P I'm guessing you can get from repco, supercheap or bursons? As all three are in Thomastown I'll go and buy some.

Thanks for the heads up Evan.

 

http://www.nzgaskets.co.nz/Images/Threebond/1207B.JPG

 

its called 1207c "redish brown sealant"

 

if they don't stock it they should be shut down!

Your bits and pieces are coming up nice and clean Ben. I have a parts washer at work, if you need some bits done you can leave them with me and i'll clean them after work for you.

  • Author

Thanks for the offer Matt but the dirty things are nearly clean, I just have to start buying parts now :P

  • Author

Okay the homework has begun and I have obtained prices. Just a little problem though, I ask for a clutch kit for an ae71 Corolla and its all good, but then the question is whether its an Australian gearbox or Japenese gearbox? I thought all T-50s were japenese, anyway I asked what the difference was between the pair and discovered that the Australian kit is 210mm while the Japenese is 215mm.

 

I don't have a clutch plate or relevant component to measure so I don't know what size it is, also is there any difference in starter motors for auto's and manual's. Or are they just the same?

 

Here are some photos of the diff clean, and removal of rear cover plate to create a new gasket.

 

Factory red check paint now visible

S5003545.jpg

 

Gasket surface area ready to be cleaned

S5003546.jpg

 

New gasket made up

S5003552.jpg

 

The real Mc Coy.....

S5003554.jpg

i came across the problem off clutch aswell apartly you can use the clutch trust bearing to tell the difference between the 2 clutchs

  • Author
i came across the problem off clutch aswell apartly you can use the clutch trust bearing to tell the difference between the 2 clutchs

 

 

Thanks for the tip Brian, but i'll go back the wreckers today as I need to purchase the manual starter motor and while I'm there i'll measure the diameter of the clutch plate.

  • Author

Today I ordered the clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder from Repco, I went back at 4pm to pick up the slave and on Monday the Master will arrive for me to claim. Then I went to ABS and purchased a new rear rubber brake line hose. Later in the afternoon dad and I went to pick a part to measure the clutch plate and its the Aus version (200mm) in diameter, so now thats sorted.

 

And lastly I bought the manual starter motor which I gave a quick clean up (very greasy) and left it at the autolec so he can bench test, and replace any parts which may require attention. Better to do it while its out I think. :P

 

More photos too including the installation of the new diff plate gasket, and a thorough wire brushing of the whole unit to remove any dirt before giving it a lush coat of gloss black.

 

Here is a photo of the doner car if anyone wants other CSX parts, the tacho dash is still there so I took a photo of it.

 

Wirebrushing diff

S5003556.jpg

 

Halfway through

S5003557.jpg

 

Complete including drums

S5003558.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.