Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Ben-89

More photos

New Protex brake hose

S5003559.jpg

Replacement manual starter motor after a clean.

S5003565.jpg

The doner Ae71 still has a few good CSX parts and panels, the interior has veleuor trim covered by two sets of covers, it still has the CSX LH mirror, boot release and fuel popper. But the body is rusty under the fresh paint.

S5003560.jpg

Tacho Dash

S5003562.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

I.

Want.

That.

Sound.

System!

Very nice indeed.

Haha cheers Dropz! The radio itself plays crystal clear, and when the equalizer is turned on it literally boosts the sound like anything. All the voice bars on the display panel light up similiar to knight rider. Only the carboard cones in the rear speaker vibrate, and under the boost provided by the equalizer it makes it more noticeable.

But I still love it, very advanced for its time.

A few months back I was in talks with a writer for a new automotive magazine titled Retro Autos, he wanted to know a little info about the ke70 and ae71, how I became involved with Corolla etc, etc. After explaining the story he requested some pictures and over the period of a few months between correspondance he wrote up an article titled Department of Youth.

A brief rundown was anyone in their mid/late teens who owned an original classic or retro car was welome to write in to contribute their piece. Meeting the criteria I submitted a brief intro about myself and shortly after I was contacted by the writer who was keenly interested in hearing more....

He is interested in hearing from more enthusiasts, such as rollaclub members who own a car thats relatively original. Eg standard looking on the outside but with a different motor or stereo system....

Here is a picture of the issue, and my spread is on pg 76-77

S5003590.jpg

S5003593.jpg

A few months back I was in talks with a writer for a new automotive magazine titled Retro Autos, he wanted to know a little info about the ke70 and ae71, how I became involved with Corolla etc, etc. After explaining the story he requested some pictures and over the period of a few months between correspondance he wrote up an article titled Department of Youth.

A brief rundown was anyone in their mid/late teens who owned an original classic or retro car was welome to write in to contribute their piece. Meeting the criteria I submitted a brief intro about myself and shortly after I was contacted by the writer who was keenly interested in hearing more....

He is interested in hearing from more enthusiasts, such as rollaclub members who own a car thats relatively original. Eg standard looking on the outside but with a different motor or stereo system....

Here is a picture of the issue, and my spread is on pg 76-77

S5003590.jpg

S5003593.jpg

two of the best ke and ae out there ben and great to see you getting some serious recognition for your efforts espcially keeping both cars in such prefect stock and original form

Thanks for the kind words guys, some more progress has been made towrds the manual conversion. I have now acquired the flexi line for the clutch slave cylinder, this was custom made to lenght as none were in stock, a high performance clutch kit, rear wheel cylinders and brake shoes nearly finish the package. Just the flywheel needs machining and its ready for longer legs. :lolcry:

A small update thats an extra step closer to the conversion, I gave the flywheel to a work mates husband who will take care of the machining etc. After removing the pinstripes on Pauls AE71 cs-x I decided to begin work on mine removing the old gold double row stripes in favour of new ones.... what a pain but its worth it!

The front passenger guard already the stripe missing so virtually no prep was needed. With the heat gun small sections of the stipe were heated on the front passenger door, and with several persuasions the pin stripe eventaully came off. (Note, avoid heating around the chrome door handles if can....) With a small amount of paint thinner and a few rags the glue came off.

I bought two packs of strips, one thick and one thin. I applied the thick one first along the guard followed by the thinner stipe above it. Then the process was repeated for the passenger door. I will do this in stages as its quite time consuming to do.

S5003615.jpg

Bottom (thick stripe laid).

S5003616.jpg

Stetching the top stripe

S5003617.jpg

Front guard finished, de striping the passenger door.

S5003618.jpg

After prepping, the bottom (thick stripe) was laid. Dull paint due to thinner.

S5003619.jpg

Both stripes are laid and paint is polished up.

S5003620.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"