Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 522
  • Views 410.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • uhhh going to vic roads for a gearbox conversion? :huh:

  • Back in Melboune a few weekends ago we hosted the first All Japan Day car show, an event hosted many times in other states if I'm not wrong? Got the ke70 all prepped up, and I couldnt believe how much

  • Thanks Jay, once they are clean up they are like a different (new car).   After long searching I found a genuine sx/gti rear muffler, thanks to madrollafan! In good solid condition, just needed the

Posted Images

I don't know how your able to leave them both so standard mate, if i owned one like that it wouldn't be very original let me tell you haha, but keep up the good work mate it's good to see you got clean standard (not massive hp sleeper) cars into a car mag well done

  • Author

Thanks Daxman and Justin.

 

Believe me sometimes its very, very tempting to stick some serious rubber and coils under the car as thats what e7 owners usually do. But then it would ruin the hard work ive put in to get them to this standard which would hurt a lot. What ive done to them has made them stand out in their own right so they're still head turners.

  • Author

Hit the jackpot a couple of times this week, found three genuine as new heater hoses for the ae71 in case I break one during the manual conversion or just to have as a spare. If you can get them from Toyota where can you get them.

 

Secondly I was getting annoyed with the rear louvre as its a pain to clean behind, so I opted to buy a venetian. Coincidentially there happened to be one on ebay so I won that and am awaiting delivery. For the 21st birthday Paul found me something very rare which I had never seen or imagined. An ae71 bonnet protector!, He always fancied the red Corollas rear louvre so his ae71 will be sprting that instead.

 

Photos to follow.

  • Author

Photos....

 

Gear stick surround, lucky it was still there 4 weeks after buying the conversion gear. Pain finding a manual one in grey.

S5003656.jpg

 

 

Three emergency/replacement hoses, all for $20.00 :D

S5003657.jpg

 

Working out mounting holes to fit bonnet protector (will be squared up nicely)

S5003662.jpg

 

May as well put it up while its there, the 4A :(

S5003661.jpg

wheres the rest of the fan shroud mr?

Did AE71's have one?

  • Author

You got me thinking guys, yes while some AE71's had the shroud some didnt. I noted two ae71s and one had the plastic shroud, while the other had the fan exposed - however the top tank of the radiator had a small fan guard tacked on like mine has. From what I can acertain Toyota did some changes as far as those things are concerned, but the radiators are still the same.

 

For you're comparison

corolla005.jpg

 

Image137.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

  • Author

The red now is now wearing a bonnet protector. Just waiting for the venetian to arrive, I was told it would be mailed this week after winning it last friday..... anyway more photos.

 

zbonnet-1.jpg

 

zbonnet.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

How long is the 4ac going to be staying in there for ?

 

You should consider a super clean 4age transplant one day. :)

if you know ben, he will NEVER! do that to a poor ke70!

 

i say go for a fan shroud!

Ahem! AE71 mate :) I'm not sold on the bonnet protector but then again I have never seen one before. The venetians however will look sweet.

  • Author
if you know ben, he will NEVER! do that to a poor ke70!

 

i say go for a fan shroud!

 

 

Hey Evan what motor was under the bonnet when I showed you on Sunday, no push rods for this machine :)

 

It'll look weird with that tin plate and a plastic shroud underneath. Ill leave it how it came....

  • Author
Ahem! AE71 mate :) I'm not sold on the bonnet protector but then again I have never seen one before. The venetians however will look sweet.

 

The bonnet protector I have never seen before Matt, not even Toyota had these as an option which is why I never looked for one. The venetian will be good when it finally arrives though. :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.