Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Featured Replies

Good old Nonna in the photos. She genuinely looks proud and happy all at once :(

  • Replies 522
  • Views 410.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • uhhh going to vic roads for a gearbox conversion? :huh:

  • Back in Melboune a few weekends ago we hosted the first All Japan Day car show, an event hosted many times in other states if I'm not wrong? Got the ke70 all prepped up, and I couldnt believe how much

  • Thanks Jay, once they are clean up they are like a different (new car).   After long searching I found a genuine sx/gti rear muffler, thanks to madrollafan! In good solid condition, just needed the

Posted Images

Just read through this entire post - all i can say is WOW

 

really want a ke70 again! amazing job you've done on that AE71 as well

 

was actually a bit sad when the thread ended, can't wait for more updates

 

good luck

 

Jordan

  • Author

Hey Jordan I'm glad you liked the thread, when it comes to cars does it really finish? this thread will be going for a while mate!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Okay, well in preparation for the tcca cruise happening next Saturday the ke70 got serviced at home. Its had the following replaced.... Oil, oil filter, spark plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor etc are under a year old so theyre still fresh, air and fuel filters are under a year old also or 1,600km. Did a compression test which showed the motor was preety healthy and checked the timing that couldnt have any more on the mark literally.

 

The carby had 28 years worth of brown film on the inside of it, so with some carby cleaner spayed down there it came up like new again, and should help it that little bit more while on the open road.

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

  • Author

Two rust repair sections which I mentioned a few posts ago have been wire wheeled to bare metal. Now they need some rust converter to protect it and later on this week they will be welded in, followed by paint. I'm getting the passenger lock recoded as the previous one is all chewed out also.

 

A few members on here seem to retofit parts from earlier model cars onto theirs. like hubcaps, which got me thinking. I trawled over the net looking for early 80's 13" covers and found some. But this time I fitted hubcaps from a later model Corolla, an ae82. I think they are a clean and straight design - like the e7 body shape so I went out and a bought a set for a bargain, washed them up and painted them in my aluminium paint. They look the part as they fill out the wheel much more.

 

Went down to the park near my place for some quick photos, hope you like them.

 

S5003284.jpg

 

S5003285.jpg

 

S5003291.jpg

 

S5003292.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

omg its so Nanna :wink: love it !!

 

You would get free entry to an RSL club rolling on hubcaps like that =D

What about CSX alloys ?

 

I don't mind the hubcaps but it's like there is something missing.

Well that's something i've never seen before! Definitely has an RSL club feeling about it :wink: Just until I ask about those csx alloys for you hey ...

  • Author

Nana, Nana, Nana!!! Its something different but subtle. I'm used to them now, but at first it looked as something was missing. I think this looks more nanna that the ke70! Hmm. Glad you guys like it.

  • Author

Well, in the four years Iv'e the ke70 I have never driven this far. It ran that well it put a swiss watch to shame.... The engine was preety quiet with the 4 speed coupled behind it on the freeway and I could've driven like that for days no problems. I was a little suprised at the fuel economy around 165km into the trip as my needle dropped just below half, before rising back to full as the kilometers acculilated.

 

Drove to Brunswick today and stopped to fill up 1km from home where the trip meter read 379.4 km. 25.95 L of fuel went in when it automatically clicked off indicating it was full. So with a handy site on the net I put in the numbers to see how thirsty it was. It achieved 41 miles per gallon, 14.62 kms to a litre or 6.84 l/100km. Preety happy with that figure.

Haha top stuff. Double your consumption and it equals mine! Any clue on that oil pressure issue?

  • Author
Haha top stuff. Double your consumption and it equals mine! Any clue on that oil pressure issue?

 

 

Haha, I'm happy with the consumption Matt! I can't recall any oil pressure issues though? maybe someone else?

What sort of consumption does your Ae71 get ?

I still think you should buy another Car and make it sweet and low :)

 

Respect to the Ae71 and the Ke70 you have though :P

Haha, I'm happy with the consumption Matt! I can't recall any oil pressure issues though? maybe someone else?

 

Yeh mate my bad, checked my messages on my phone and it wasn't from you!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.