Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!

Featured Replies

  • Author

As dad drove home the ke70 yesterday I took the oppurtunity to take some photos of the pair...

 

S5002790.jpg

 

S5002794.jpg

 

S5002795.jpg

 

S5002796.jpg

  • Replies 522
  • Views 410.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • uhhh going to vic roads for a gearbox conversion? :huh:

  • Back in Melboune a few weekends ago we hosted the first All Japan Day car show, an event hosted many times in other states if I'm not wrong? Got the ke70 all prepped up, and I couldnt believe how much

  • Thanks Jay, once they are clean up they are like a different (new car).   After long searching I found a genuine sx/gti rear muffler, thanks to madrollafan! In good solid condition, just needed the

Posted Images

  • Author

More...

S5002797.jpg

 

S5002804.jpg

 

S5002808.jpg

 

Hmm Hi. Cam vs 1.6

S5002810.jpg

 

S5002812.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

Howd you get the paint on the AE71 so good? Mine is pretty faded and I wouldnt mind polishing it up like that.

  • Author
Howd you get the paint on the AE71 so good? Mine is pretty faded and I wouldnt mind polishing it up like that.

 

Troy is it?. I think I have seen you're name on 86driving club maybe. You have a nice your self by the way!

 

You'll need the following:

 

1, Cutting compound - like a gritty paste which is watered down slgihtly so its smoother. (Dependant on how bad the paint is.)

Just polish all the edges/high spots first by hand so you don't thin or burn the paint.

 

2, With a buffing machine - the one which looks like an oversize angle grinder and a good lambs wool buff pad polish all the vast flat areas and be generous when putting on the polish or else the paint will be burnt or will have dull finish. I mention to use the buff on large flat because you can also tear the buff padd or it can get caught.

 

3, Once all the car is polished with the cutting compound, then you can if you want polish the car using a normal cream/wax polish. I used a generous amont of polyglaze diamond finish all over the car before giving it a final polish by hand to remove all the powder finish and then its done.

you have done the best job man two of the cleanest *e7*s i have seen in a long long time :)

  • Author
you have done the best job man two of the cleanest *e7*s i have seen in a long long time :lol:

 

 

Thanks Cam, it makes them look different in a standard sort of way. Especially since the majority are being modded up.

Dude you are, The S*&T man. i love them both. Sorry to read about your grand father aswel. its always sad loosing a loved one. But hey, He left this Sweet Corolla to you, to look after and take care of. have fun man

Those look awesome :lol:

Troy is it?. I think I have seen you're name on 86driving club maybe. You have a nice your self by the way!

 

You'll need the following:

 

1, Cutting compound - like a gritty paste which is watered down slgihtly so its smoother. (Dependant on how bad the paint is.)

Just polish all the edges/high spots first by hand so you don't thin or burn the paint.

 

2, With a buffing machine - the one which looks like an oversize angle grinder and a good lambs wool buff pad polish all the vast flat areas and be generous when putting on the polish or else the paint will be burnt or will have dull finish. I mention to use the buff on large flat because you can also tear the buff padd or it can get caught.

 

3, Once all the car is polished with the cutting compound, then you can if you want polish the car using a normal cream/wax polish. I used a generous amont of polyglaze diamond finish all over the car before giving it a final polish by hand to remove all the powder finish and then its done.

 

Yeah its Troy glad to see people looking at my car and liking it. Ill try give that a shot but I'm pretty lazy and am usually knackered after work. But thanks for the tips. Cars look real nice. Look after them. Cheers Troy

  • Author
Dude you are, The S*&T man. i love them both. Sorry to read about your grand father aswel. its always sad loosing a loved one. But hey, He left this Sweet Corolla to you, to look after and take care of. have fun man

 

Thanks Jesse, the ke70 is part of grandpa so the car is always there to remind me of him. He had a funny saying as he was opposed to car modding which went like this. Keep in mind broken English as he spoke "If the car was born like that, that is how you leave it"..

 

I remember before I got my l's he used to watch me reverse up and down the narrow driveway at his place and see how my clutch control was. He referred to it as auto school - very funny and memorable when you think about it now.

 

Here is a photo..

S5001325.jpg

  • Author
Yeah its Troy glad to see people looking at my car and liking it. Ill try give that a shot but I'm pretty lazy and am usually knackered after work. But thanks for the tips. Cars look real nice. Look after them. Cheers Troy

 

 

No worries Troy, glad to provide advice :lol: Even if you and a few mates on a weekend did it, its possible. Or do a little bit every afternoon.

 

These will taken care of :P

  • Author
Clean. And shiney. And beautiful. Nice man, very nice.

 

Thanks mate, yours is spot on too. Look after it mate!

  • Author

The Corolla is now insured and registered and I must say no matter what the road condtions were the car did it with no worries at all. Very pleased with how it turned out!

 

Heres a photo for your satisfaction..

 

S5002809.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

  • Author

I decided to take a few more photos but this time when daylight was fading...

 

I didnt like the Nissan ad in the back ground..

untitled.jpg

 

S5002829.jpg

 

S5002830.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.