4k-c Ulp ?

reCOUPErator

Oh okay

I have the toyota original owners handbook.

I will scan and post soon, i gotta do that for the specs part of the forum anyway.

My last fill was 44.92L. I thought i was dead empty, but you're probably right.

I'm no expert, and i'd believe you absolutely.

I have a October 1980 KE55 Yellow CS Sedan 5 speed 4K-C.

Stock as stock can be.

Original mudflaps and all.

Probably 50L then.

Members dont see this ad

If it was dead empty you would have conked out as you got to the fuel pump. You never really run completely out of fuel as such, chances are you still had 5 litres left in the tank... as opposed to 80ml, that would have been a pretty good effort though, living on the edge lol

They don't make fuel gauges to actually run out of fuel when you get to the empty line I don't reckon, I think there's a bit of leeway for you to actually go below that line.

Gregorys manuals are pretty solid material too, i'd like to see the toyota original owners handbook prove it wrong, that would be an interesting surprise! :D

My strongest apologies, my mistake.

I went and got the manual to scan, and I read it - 50L.

I apologise to all. It is infact a 50L tank not a 45L like I had remembered. I must have been getting confused with the stated 45kw - the dismal power output of these motors.

this one time, i took a work car out and my mate who had driven it yesterday said "oh you might want to get fuel, the light was on for a bit yesterday but i cbf filling it". i drove out the industrial estate, through town to the petrol station, pulled up and saw i'd overshot the pump a little, put it in reverse, stopped, pulled the handbrake on, went to reach for the key and the engine died. no fuel. THAT is living on the edge :D

most fuel gauges in our cars are getting a bit old and the wire has a bit more resistance in it than new, so it reads wrong. i know mine can get below E and i can usually do a few short trips no worries

From my experience, PULP is a waste of money.

91RON Runs fine

hooray my persistance paied off :D

The 2T on the other hand will ping itself to death on 91RON. Its not even happy on 95RON. 98 is getting close.....

we run the rally car on PULP in events but when just testing or running around in it, ULP is what's in it, doesn't ping on either fuel, would love to use avgas again,f@$kEN cams banned using avgas in rally cars.

our static compression ratio is about 9.5:1 but our true compression ratio is about 12:1. with no signs or detenation.

I can definatly tell the difference between fueling with ULP and PULP, seems to have more go on PULP.. It all comes down to your car really..

i agree, power doesn't seem to be to much of a problem, it's detenation that concerns us, saying that you can feel the difference between the 2.

• 3 years later...