Brodie (retrd's) Kp60

reTRD

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i get ya. yea i sorted out the group buy on here and club k for them ay. they are NZ$700rrp and we got them for NZ$480 or NZ$520 including shipping for the guys in aussie that brought them.

cheers fella ive not hurd an other k motor have the same rumble as my 1.

yea I'm from dunedin, where you from what you drivin? the new motor is slowly coming together i am just colecting parts for it at the mo, i am desperately looking for a link ecu to run it all atm

I'm from chch. I'm slowly collecting parts at the mo just trying to get outa debt (young and stupid getting a big loan but thankfully nearly gone) then itll be all go trying to find a overrated ke70 sedan to start with and build it up from there. Still deciding what motor to finnally go with though. Hada few 70s starlets and 85s before but thought newer would be better but hated the new car feel lol. can't beat the oldskool toyotas :)

Does anyone know how these can be imported and registered in australia?

have a look on www.trademe.co.nz and that will give you a good insite as to how much k series stuff is worth over here. i got offered $6,750 for mine 3 weeks ago and i said no. but only said no as i have no interest in selling hahhaah. as for getting 1 over to you i would have no idea of what that would intail or a cost but i would say it will more than likely be more hassel/money than it is worth.

Does anyone know how these can be imported and registered in australia?

it has been done before. Billzilla bought over a KP61 i believe, no idea what is happening with it though. ive also heard of people seeing KP6x around brisbane but that could just be rumours or people confusing those mazdas that look similar. i have a feeling you might have to own the car for minimum of 12 months in NZ before you can ship it over.... but that could be completely wrong.

id ask Billzilla on toymods how he got one over here.

how long and wide are they?? i have a mate who bought over two 64 SS impalas from the states, both of them f@$king beautiful original cars. it cost him about 30k all up to bring them both over and he sold one for 35k and kept the other..... he did well. a starlet wont sell for half of what an impala will sell for but you could probably fit twice as many into a cotnainer.

• 2 months later...

figured it was about time i put up an update on whats happining to my car.

i have been off work for the last 3 weeks on holiday and finally got sick of how rugged the bug was looking so thought i would start to panelbeat it.

i have changed the hatch at the other 1 was completly shagged due to rush so i found a 100% rust free 1 and have pulled all the dents out of it and given it a little skin of bog where it needed it. from there i thouhgt it was about time to get that bloody great dent out of the drivers side rear guard(what a mishion) i have also fully paneled the rear left hand guard and primed it ready for 1 last block down and some decent 2pac primer. i found a couple little bits of rust so send that off to get cut out and plated by a pro as i kept playing chase the hole with the welder i borrowed gggrrrrrrrr .

all was going good or so i thought! untill thursday once again it was rego time , so went put that on (payday yus!!!!) and filled the tank with petrol. friday rolled around and the wifey wanted me to call out and pick up our pup from her at work as she didnt finish till 6pm. on the trip out there to see her my car started to make this funny flapping noise i had never herd before. kinda worryed bout it i had a look once i got to where i was going to find my gilmer belt was sitting funny on the crank pully.... didnt think to much of it at the time so wnet in got the dog and headed home. on way home it was starting to get louder. once home i inspected it more to find out the crank pully was flopping around like a cock in a sock. not good i though to myself. a mate came around and gave me a hand to get the pully off to find that the keyway is completly shagged. ( i am so pissed off the motor if only 20,000kms old and the gilmers have only been on for 10,000) to make it worse the crank had just had $550 spent on it getting it reconed before putting it in.

so now i am at odds as to what to do.

pull this motor apart and get it fixed, or

sell it as is, or

bite the bullet sell it and start building the new 5k with blown5k with the 20V quads

its hard but i am leaning towards building the new motor.

ill get some pics up at some stage of the progress on the body work.

,Brodie(reTRD)

Not good to hear Brodie. :)

Is the gilmer pulley all flogged out on the inside too, or it just damaged the keyway and crank?

Assuming so being alloy.

it has started to eat out the notch in the crank pully but not enough to hinder its job. and on the inside where the bolt holds it on it has worn it out a little bit from it wobbeling around. i am so gutted and pissed off bout it seeing the motor is only 20,000kms old and the gilmers were only on for 10,000kms. i has the crank fully reconed at the cost of $650 when the motor was built also.

oh well I'm just going to sell it all off and make a start on the new quad throttle 5k with sheldon(blown5k) i have just gone and brought a t to k series bellhousing for $250 and a T50 for $20 :)

Cool cool. You'd better get Sheldon to get stuck into it hard before he has "other duties" in a few of months.

yea i no hahah my misses is so xcited for him all she want to do is go pink shopping for him ahhhaha

So are they having a girl then? Last time I spoke to him they didn't know.

She's only about a month behind my missus, and we're having a boy.

yea man having a girl ay. the 1st time they were told it was a boy then all of a sudden the next time they got checked it was a girl