Rally Benarkin

The first round of the Clubman and Queensland Rally Championship is coming up on the 16th April 2005. It should be absolutely MASSIVE.

This years Queensland Rally Championship is going to be huge with at least 5 4WD cars making a grab for outright honours.

There is the multiple State Champion George Shepheard in his Evo 6 (I think it's evo 6? Redwarf will correct me on this), 2004 ARC Subaru RS series Matt Van Tuinen now with major competitive kms under his belt in his WRX, newcomer from NSW Matt Dyne who surprised everyone by winning the short course rally sprint a couple of weeks ago, Ralph French in his group N WRX and ofcourse my boy Paul Bergmann in our WRX!

There are also some grunty 2WD entrants that have upgraded their machinery to make a serious stab at the hotly contested class honours. Of note, Rod Biggar has upgraded from his 2004 clubman winning Datsun 1600 to a super spec Datsun 180B SSS (2004 NSW Clubman winning car).

And, ofcourse it would be negligent of me not to mention :D! Rob is debuting his upspec "Evo 2" Redwarf, a 1600cc beast at Rally Benarkin! Otherwise known on this forum as "Redwarf", Rob has been threatening the big boys with his little 1400cc Corolla for almost 4 years. Redwarf (the car), however, was getting a bit tired from running in the 86 or so competitive events it had run in its 10 years of use. Redwarf Evo 1 was getting grumpy in his old age, suffering from a few DNFs due to Rob's absolute thrashing to within an inch of its life. Hence, Evo 2 (the artist formerly known as "Bluey") was imported from Mexico last year. Umm, I mean, Tasmania.

Months of developing Evo 2 has evolved the previously "Grandpa" looking pale blue car into a bright red fire breathing monster. Rob has also upgraded his navigator (*sob* :) I may never recover from the rejection!) to someone who actually knows what to do with a spanner and also, like me I hope (!), comes with a healthy sense of humour! I personally know that a lot of laughter, oh-shit moments and (ahem) farting :Þ will go on in the car with those boys!!

Anyway, Rally Benarkin is a fantastic event - everyone camps up there and the party is almost as legendary as Rally of Queensland. We hope to see some rollaclub members up there once again!!

All interested parties should go to Brisbane Sporting Car Club web page

Members dont see this ad

oooh, I wouldn't insult Wayne if I were you!! Hey, hang on, I think I was just complimented!!!

Are you entering Tony? That would be good!!

Hey, I know this is offtopic a bit, but I am so chuffed because I nearly beat you on a stage at KCF 1..... and I was in a bloody WRX!!!! slow down will you!!

yeah I know, I don't know what to do about that!! I thought about something like rexgirl, but what if I sold it?? Same problem!!

But should be exciting, my sister is navigating for me. I'm sure we'll be car 57 or close to it!!

Are you crazy kiwis entering too? I'm so keen to have a look at the entry list, it is going to be very interesting reading....