Kiki The Keto

kiahn

my one is a ke70 pedal box with an ae101 clutch pedal

its legal and all, and actually works pretty well

can get any pics because of the positioning( under the dash:P )

my friend shah gave me his old ae86 steering wheel because i made and installed an initial D style cup holder :)

also nabbing his spare ae86 stocko's

steering wheel is same as twincam one but it says toyota,

post-6811-1250164722_thumb.jpg

post-6811-1250164748_thumb.jpg

post-6811-1250165198_thumb.jpg

and heres the wheel:

oh the dish

post-6811-1250165011_thumb.jpg

3 spoke instead of the stupid 2 spoke POS ke70 one

post-6811-1250165041_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiahn

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GOT THE O-RINGS :)

toyota charge $5.95 each and call them injector vibration dampers for anyone interested, part number: 2329141010

will be working my ass off tomorrow to get the loom figured out and the coil and map sensor properly mounted

:) got all the things onto the engine, just need to bend some new brake, fuel and a clutch line (to clear extractors) and it will be running.

me and my dad have decided to start over with the loom and strip it down to originaly and add our own wire to it instead of attempting to use it as it is (setup for an ae71 but chopped to shit)

ive got everything i need to finish the car its just a matter of time now, I'm aiming to get this thing finished within the next 5 weeks so i can start saving for the stupid engineers cert. :y:

well here is the wheel installed along with the tacho dash, cleaned it up and armour-all'ed it, then after it soaked in i washed it with warm soapy water to rid the excess armour all

post-6811-1250336731_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiahn

• 2 weeks later...

have made a custom clutch line to clear the extractors using original soft line for flexibility section

made custom rear right brake line (making left one soon)

bled the clutch line

semi bled the brake line

mounted and wired up the VL turbo fuel pump

mounted the fuel filter

converted to EFI hoses

clutch line :bash:

post-6811-1251030690_thumb.jpg

we have life, but it run rough as guts.

the dizzy is either not advanced enough or too advanced (yes i have tried skipping a tooth on the dizzy)

running rich as hell too

has an alright idle but has a popping noise (like detonation) so we fix timing by skipping a tooth and then its too retarded

:lol:

i don't know, i put the belt on myself and took like 3 hours to do it so i did it right, it might be one tooth out, would explain the shit down-low throttle response but when its revving higher it goes nicely as if its 10 degrees off

will check all the wiring from TPS and AITS and if its still not working then ill get dad to check the belt :lol:

cheers trav, btw congrats on the new business man

I like what you have done with the clutch line, however you probably should have got the rubber piece replaced with some braided. My mate did this on his Sprinter and it works a treat. I reckon I know what will happen to that rubber one once you start driving it a bit. Although you have got it under the extractors and heat does rise so you might be ok.

I still think it will melt but let us know how it works :P

the fan i have moves enough air that it actually blows all around the engine bay so it should be ok, also the line is in a special spot that wactually does get a little bit of a breeze when your going forward.

eventually I'm going turbo and when i do I'm going to replace all of that stuff so its all new/refurbished instead of just second hand, will also get larger fuel line and redo all of the brake lines

i was thinking about making up a lil kit that takes the the ae71 clutch line and attachs to a new line which clear the extractors for people so that they don't need to buy/make a line, this was sorta easy to make but only because i am very patient, was thinking about making a kit for around $30 which is the cost price of the fittings and tubing that is included in the package, so almost no benefit for myself

little update:

just got word from dad that he has fixed the problems with the wiring, interferance with one of the wires was confusing the ECU.

but it still runs rough so that means that the timing is out on the cams

i suspect the exhaust as the dizzy can't seem to get the right timing which would make sense as 1 tooth on the exhaust cam would put the timing out on the dizzy.

cheers trav_555 for the idea :D

i spent like 2 hours putting the cams in and the belt on right just to find its wrong anyway :P

well i'll definately learn from that mistake

Edited by kiahn

Probably no use to you now but I've got a 400 odd page pdf 4age workshop manual if you want it (pm me). Step by step everything. I've just about finished my rebuild using it.

Not sure what prices are like over in WA but seems to have added up a lot for your converison. I know that feeling well. Got bent over nicely getting full balancing and lightened flywheel lol.

No worries mate.

Glad I could help.

I thought It may be that as with the 4age I had it was one tooth out on purpose because the person that had it before me liked the more down low responce it had, stupid I though as a 4age is built for up top :P

Glad to see the build is coming along nicely

Cheers

Travis