5k - Solid Lifters

ROLLN'03

Where can you purchase solid lifters for the 5k engine?

Does the engine ever come out with standard fuel injection???

I have heard that few 5k engine actually have solid lifters stock, not the hydrolic lifters! Is this true?

If so, How can you tell???

( I'm new to this stuff ) :D

thanks to All.

ROLLAS 4EVA

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5k's did come out with SOLID lifters, but there really hard to find.

the only reason i know, i brought a 5k in NZ for my starlet and it had solid lifers.

we now run these in the rally car, they are genuine toyota not chev.

the part number does cross referance to another toyota engine which Australia gets.

yeah.....basically if you wanna convert to solids you find a chev solid lifter that is the same diametre and length....

then use the 4K rocker gear for adjustment.

and Datsun A12 pushrods.....

simple really

Edited by Xany

lol even if its got hydro lifters theres still gonna be pushrods. But theres gonna be ajusters on the rockers if its got solid lifters. If your not planning frequent excursions to 8000rpm the hydros should be fine.

This probably sounds completely n00b.. but do u mean the screws on the rocker arm that contact the pushrods, that can be screwed in and out?

Meaning my 4KC has solid lifters?!

your welcome.

Tony done a lot of seaching for the part number, we knew that the lifters were out there but never kept the orginal packets in NZ so it took several trips to toyota and about 6 new lifters but we finally found them again, now we have toyota lifter packets all around the garage and house so we'll never loose the part number again.

have done some searching.... it does list them on the epc for some 5k models...

km3# liteaces and km2# liteace..... general countries only (nz, oz, sa etc)

but of course you can't tell if they are solid or not from the epc

nice one for the data bank! :D

yeah the epc has got 2 listed but i'm sure that one is the hyd lifter and the other is an update for it.

you'll know you've found the right one buy the price, the soilds are like half the price.

they came out of a 1989 liteace KM3? but we needed the chassis number off it, so toyota told us before they could track it down, we never kept the chassis number.

so it ended up a long hard road to find them again.

i'd love to do a 7K, with solid lifters, upright kit etc, just to see what it'd be like.

f@$ken torque,

giddy up

Edited by TRD ke70

i rekcon i could get a 7k to pull 8 grand, but it's the torque that matters, the cam shaft is the key, as long as the head is flowed right.check out the cam chart i put up, there's a 4 20 grind we tried years ago, and we could pull 9 grand easierly, i know of a racing starlet that ran that cam and he had the ability to rev it to 10 grand, f@$ken nut's.