Darwin Hot Rollas Spotters Guide

ancullen

Okay all you Darwin-based guys. I want to try and get an idea of about how many hot Rollas there are getting around Darwin. Below are the ones I can think of. Please add to the list if you have seen any. Ideally we want to try and get the word out about rollaclub.com so the Darwin group can grow.

• Lola - My yellow KE55 with 4AGZE (not registered)
  • White AE82 Seca - bonnet scoop & 20 valve stickers/badges
  • There is also meant to be an AE92 getting around with an AE111 4AGZE & 6-speed tranny. Nothing that different, except this one supposedly has a T04 turbo as well.

Members dont see this ad

I have a currently ugly red Ae86 with 100kw 4ag.

Josh has a Ae92 corolla sx with 4agze

philip has a Ae82 with silver top 20vke

paulie has a hard tuned ae82 with 86kw 4ag.

muzzer has ke70 wagon with 1ggze.

sum black ke70 with head work.

allan has a stock as Ae82 that does mad burnouts

wheelspin has a mad ae82 that also does mad burnouts. also has my old 4ac

Thats i can think of off the top of my head.

That would be funny to see. I just doubt that it happens very often, if ever. If by V8's you are referring to V8 Commodores and Falcons, then any nicely modified (and I only mean lightly modified) V8 should be able to flog a standard Rolla under most conditions. Take you pick of model of standard V8 Commodore (eg. VB, VK, VT, etc) or Falcon, and driven properly, in most situations it will beat a STOCK Corolla. Now a well tuned Rolla on the other hand...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A bloke at trade school who drives a red VX Commodore SS was saying that he got beaten by a old style FWD Corolla with a Twin Cam 16 sticker up the side. Maybe this was it? If it was, then Paulie's a bloody legend. This Commodore driver is an absolute hoon and to have a Corolla beat a 5.7L V8 with 225kW is awesome!!!