crispyke35

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any progress on the interior?? body looks great. nice luck on the weber too

Glad you asked,

I have been a bit busy so havn't updated in a while. Anyway here is what I'm up to so far

I have completely stripped the interior and removed the sound deadner and old carpets, plus a couple other bits. all up removed bit over 15kg.

Then i went about painting the floors black with killrust topcoat.

post-7209-068357600 1286843326_thumb.jpg

After to a fair bit of mucking around (some may have read a thread about it) i managed to relocate the 6" speakers into the foot wells. Excellent spot for anyone who doesn't want to cut holes in there door cards.

post-7209-021348900 1286842955_thumb.jpg

Finished product, i reckon it ended up pretty neat.

post-7209-025244200 1286843387_thumb.jpg

Cleaned things up heaps buy replacing the plastics with black ones and re doing the hood lining (which had fallen down!!)

post-7209-037497100 1286843666_thumb.jpg

This is where I'm up to with the dash so far. The head unit has been moved to the centre console and replaced with the tacho.

Still got to finish the carpet on the top of the dash as you can see

post-7209-010772500 1286843504_thumb.jpg

Will takes some more pics when I'm finished painting the new door cards.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

After a long hiatus in progress, this car is finally looking to get some more work in next few weeks!!!. plans engine rebuild and replacement. should be a downdraught weber and headwork on a rebuilt bottom end.

Then all going well the beast will be getting some suspension work, finally get around to fitting rear sway bar, add some lowered springs, new shocks, reset leaves.

Very excited, will put up pictures of progress as i go :dance:

The wallet has been taking a hit and soon parts should be getting installed.

Engine:

Rebuilt 4K bottom end i purchased.

has double row timing gear.

40 thou oversized pistons and what

i measured to be approx. 30/70 camshaft. (pretty lumpy i think?)

heavy duty clutch

getting a full reco on the head and heavy duty valve springs.

DGAV 32/36 Weber, rebuilt and will be jetting

Suspension & Brakes

Rebuilding ke55 girlock calipers

30mm lower kings springs

4 x monroe GT gas shocks (hopefully they are not to bad)

some nolathene bushes for various connections

also when i get a chance i have got a late ke55 coupe rear sway bar to fit up.

post-7209-0-81293900-1331020851_thumb.jpg

Edited by crispyke35

Hey all, quick question. I have been trawling the threads for info on valve springs and come up with a few options

202 holden single valve springs.

Crow cams 4220 dual valve springs (apparently same as A series datto engines)

and other reports of TRD dual valve springs (i'd expect not going to happen with limited time i have).

I'm looking to go over 8000rpm and will be over 0.400" of valvelift. will be running in a 4K head

anyone who has tried this or has reports of high revs and valve springs I'm really in need of some more definitive info

also really need to no what work was required to fit them etc

also started this thread http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/58653-4k-valve-springs-high-rpm/

Edited by crispyke35

From what I've read, it's generally a good idea to upgrade your valve springs if your cam has a bigger lift then 0.400".

Yeah i did some serious tread reading to find what should fit. Ended up getting dual valve springs from Crow Cams (part No. 4220) which for $120 seamed like a very affordable option. The head is currently of at the engineers getting a reco and having the springs fitted.

Should be able to let everyone know if you need to replace anything at all to fit them in 4k heads (like retainers etc).

Got some more work done today yay!!!

managed to get the bottom end completely back together and all ready to roll. first time i had ever done this sort of engine work so was a bit slow haha.

Just waiting on the head to get finished of by the engineers. Also heard back today that the dual valve springs from crow cams fitted no drama's and nothing needed to be changed to fit :)

Here are some pics of the pretty new engine from today.

post-7209-0-43792300-1331537773_thumb.jpg

The complete assembled bottom end

post-7209-0-69966100-1331537749_thumb.jpg

Got some more go fast bits back today :dance: . Loving the look of the dual valve springs. Compression I will be running is 9.34 : 1 so not extreme but at least decent.

Also fitted the rear sway bar today, definitely makes a big improvement. Challenge now is to have this engine all together in and running by friday hahaha.

A few pics to demonstrate that Crow Cam 4220 dual valve springs fit snug in a 4K head.

post-7209-0-25121800-1331622387_thumb.jpg

post-7209-0-22030900-1331622501_thumb.jpg

post-7209-0-27701500-1331622433_thumb.jpg

definitely looks the goods mate

:y:

cheers mate.

Got some more work done today, removed old engine (they sustain some serious valve bounce sounds horrible but i didn't break anything)./

Gave the engine bay a good degrease and some rattle can black to clean things up.

Also got to work on building up new engine hopefully will have it running tomorrow.

post-7209-0-88688300-1331712391_thumb.jpg