Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Ke55 Project

Featured Replies

  • Author

Have just removed the rolla GMH TRIMATIC auto :P So I should hopefully have the 5-speed in by the weekend. :P

Here's some pics of today's progress. :lmao:

post-721-1229749691_thumb.jpg

post-721-1229749791_thumb.jpg

post-721-1229749906_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 57
  • Views 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Well things haven't gone all that smoothly when I went to put in the ke55 5-speed. :sob: First off I tried the manual gearbox crossmember up against the floor and it doesn't quite reach the holes. :P

So then I slid the 5-speed under the car to see if everything else matched up, but you guessed it, the 5-speed shifter position didn't match the hole in the floor, and the rear mount was way out. :P :sob: (to far forward)

 

The car is a 1980 ke55 auto and the 5-speed I have came out of a 1980 ke55xx manual coupe, so I thought all I'd need was a manual crossmember which I bought and it would bolt straight up to the floor, but it didn't. :sob:

So now I decided that I need a ke70 5-speed rear extension housing to bolt onto the ke55 5-speed box, which should solve these issues and all SHOULD be sweet. :hmm:

Nothing runs acording to plan :bash: Anyway I will start pulling out the auto pedal box and putting in the manual one and HOPEFULLY that should be all smooth sailing. :yes: :y: :y:

If there is any small issues that you guy's have struck when doing the same conversion, please I would like to know. :y: :lmao:

Cheers, Mark. :wink:

Good work I can see you are highly motivated on this project. that helps a lot.

There are some issues in fitting manuals to auto Ke55's a custom crosmember may be needed try FAQ.

  • Author

Hi all I just finished putting in the manual pedal box without any problems. :lmao: :P

At least something went as planned. :P :sob:

Apparently if you don't wanna hack the floor up, get yourself a KE70 5 speed and the shifter position will be in the same spot as the auto. And you can also use the Auto console too. I'm just not too sure about the cross member.

  • Author

Yeah I will try and find a ke70 5 speed than. Also got a speedo cable the other day out of a manual car because the auto one is different length, went to put it in the back of the instrument cluster and it wouldn't fit. :lmao:

Is there a difference between a ke30 and ke55 manual speedo cable. :P

or are the back part of the speedo's between auto's and manual's different.

cheers.

Edited by ke20rolla

So then I slid the 5-speed under the car to see if everything else matched up, but you guessed it, the 5-speed shifter position didn't match the hole in the floor, and the rear mount was way out. :lmao: :P (to far forward)

 

So now I decided that I need a ke70 5-speed rear extension housing to bolt onto the ke55 5-speed box, which should solve these issues and all SHOULD be sweet. :P

There are some issues in fitting manuals to auto Ke55's a custom crosmember may be needed try FAQ.

If you place the auto cross member up against the manual x-member you should find the holes line up on the car

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...st&p=239112

Haven't had the chance to try it out yet but its worth a shot

Auto and manual speedo cabled are different on the box end. KE70 speedo cabled are different on the speedo end. Tho you could take two to a speedo cable repair shop and they'll make you a franken-cable.

  • Author

I decided to install a tacho in place of where the clock was, while I am waiting to sort out my 5-speed gearbox. :y: ;)

post-721-1230424400_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Just a bit of an update on my ke55 project. I have found another 5-speed from a ke70 which I needed for the extension housing to bolt onto my ke55 5-speed as it has the shifter position a little further back and it lines up with the original hole in the floor where the auto selector came through.

Everthing is bolted up except for the tailishaft and the gearbox cross-member, as I will be getting the manual and auto cross-member welded together as there is no holes in the floor to bolt in a manual one.

Oh and once that is done all I have to do is wire up the reverse switch and put the centre console back in, fill the box up with oil and all should be good. :( :( :y:

 

It's been a while, but the 5-speed manual should be better then the slug-o-matic auto that was in her. :y:

I also gave the engine bay a degrease, and now you have to put on your sunnies when ever you lift the bonnet. ;) :wink:

post-721-1231653500_thumb.jpg

Just a bit of an update on my ke55 project. I have found another 5-speed from a ke70 which I needed for the extension housing to bolt onto my ke55 5-speed as it has the shifter position a little further back and it lines up with the original hole in the floor where the auto selector came through.

Everthing is bolted up except for the tailishaft and the gearbox cross-member, as I will be getting the manual and auto cross-member welded together as there is no holes in the floor to bolt in a manual one.

Oh and once that is done all I have to do is wire up the reverse switch and put the centre console back in, fill the box up with oil and all should be good. :( :( :y:

 

It's been a while, but the 5-speed manual should be better then the slug-o-matic auto that was in her. :y:

I also gave the engine bay a degrease, and now you have to put on your sunnies when ever you lift the bonnet. ;) :wink:

 

wow that is one clean engine bay, I also love the taco it looks like it belongs there. good luck with the 5 speed conversion.

looking good there mark!!!! Any other plans for her?

  • Author

Thanks guy's for your comments :y: My other plans are to get rid of the stock 13inch steelies and put on some bigger mags, which should set it off nicely. :yes: I will also be getting the front drivers guard straightened out and also put a straight front bumper on her.

There will most likely be more things happening to her once I get her registered, and then it will be no stopping me. :yes: :dance:

It will be used as my daily, so I won't be going all out. :P

Cheers, Mark. :wink:

Edited by ke20rolla

Thanks guy's for your comments :y: My other plans are to get rid of the stock 13inch steelies and put on some bigger mags, which should set it off nicely. :yes: I will also be getting the front drivers guard straightened out and also put a straight front bumper on her.

There will most likely be more things happening to her once I get her registered, and then it will be no stopping me. :yes: :dance:

It will be used as my daily, so I won't be going all out. :P

Cheers, Mark. :wink:

 

Whitewalls and slammed low would look cool as!! But then again a nice set of mags like you said, would look sweet!!!!

Is that a 2" tacho you installed? Whats one of those worth?

 

Cheers Leigh

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.