The Ke30 Project Begins

lildvl83

cheers guys.

can't wait to get this thing running properly so i can bring out on a decent cruise. it looks so much better in real life.

gonna look into rebuilding a 5k and either putting twin su's, turbo or supercharger on it. just havent decided on which one yet.

motors probably gonna be a slow build cos i need the car running for my wedding in january, so i can't risk it not being on the road. so rather get the 4k running sweet and swap it for the 5k in about 9 to 12 months.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

hahaha not a chance :-)

well finally put some new carpet in, looks sweet as. also got some black seat covers for the moment until i get the seats re-upholstered.

awesome news on the motor front. i took the beast to dave hopkins (as recommended by a few of u guys) and he fixed the running problems, with out any trouble. he is an awesome guy and i'll def take my car back to him. he's even impressed my fiance and he's gonna take his car there too from now on.

problem turned out to be a gasket missing from the carby, which made the carby rest on the accelerator thingy ma gig (can't think of the name grrrr) which in turn made it a bitch to drive. he also jetted the carby and now it purrrrs like a kitten. just gotta get myself a new starter motor now, and some new extractors and she'll be even better :y:

heres piccies of the carpet (old carpets for sale if any one wants it)

post-7125-1251602036_thumb.jpg

post-7125-1251602230_thumb.jpg

post-7125-1251602423_thumb.jpg

post-7125-1251602518_thumb.jpg

nah we had to cut the holes ourselves, wasnt too bad we just had a few probs lining up the holes. cos the carpet isnt an exact mould of what we pulled out we found they didnt line up properly. another tip is if ur putting in new underlay aswell keep as much of the old ones to trace around, gives you a perfect fit. have fun :P

• 2 months later...

alrighty guys, its been a while i know but with the wedding only weeks away so the projects on hold for now. although i do have a few little things i need to do before hand and i have a few questions for ya.

i want to change the steering wheel but it already has sports one on it. if i buy another wheel, will the boss kit need changing aswell or are they a universal fit? i've never had a sports steering wheel before so i'm a bit clueless on these, sorry. also need to upgrade the headlights to something brighter (cos its like driving by candlelight :) ) has anyone done this?, if so what to?

hopefully after the wedding i'll get my exhaust done and buy new extractors. it just too loud atm. anyone got suggestions size wise, i want performance rather than note.

hope u guys can help!

cheers

kate

You shouldn't have to change your boss kit over as a new steering wheel should fit straight on. You could try and get some of those halogen lights from autobahn or something. I know exactly what you mean when you're talkin about driving by candle light. Ke30/55 lights suck ass.

Oh and congrats on the wedding. My sister's wedding was yesterday, was an awesome day and I guarentee you guys will have a blast :)