The Ke30 Project Begins

lildvl83

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks jip, i agree. i don't see a problem with it, and its my car anyway. I'm not out to please everyone, cos thats impossible. i want my car to look like its had work done to it, i don't want it to look nanna spec. i reckon once the paint works done it should all come together nicely :D

where did u get ur venetians from? i noticed u painted urs. are they from another 30?

thanks jip, i agree. i don't see a problem with it, and its my car anyway. I'm not out to please everyone, cos thats impossible. i want my car to look like its had work done to it, i don't want it to look nanna spec. i reckon once the paint works done it should all come together nicely :D

where did u get ur venetians from? i noticed u painted urs. are they from another 30?

There is almost always a set on ebay for sale. Here try this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KE30-KE55-COROLLA-V...A1%7C240%3A1318

:) I was simply curious about whether an exhaust change was in the works at all, not expecting anyone to do what I like.

Agree that when the paint is done it should be a definite eye turner, not that it isn't already.

hmmm maybe somethings come loose or they didnt do something properly??? i dunno but its a definate leak. it really ticks when under load, but not at idle (and its not an engine tick either, def sounds like exhaust) didnt notice it as much when i first got it so it might have been something thats surfaced recently??? if u do come accross paperwork, let me know. i'll definately chase it up thru them. did u take it back to them to get the bolts tightened at the extractors? (sposed to be done after bout 500-1000kms) did u ever get the car tuned? its idling weird atm.

anyway, yeah i love the car. its frickn awesome. i didnt expect it to be as powerful as it is (well compared to my old auto 3k) decided I'm gonna keep the motor as is and upgrade and replace it when it needs to be (or when i get bored, which ever comes first :) )

hmm iw ould suggest to many people not to trust profix to do your exhaust! dodgy quality and very expensive compared to a proper shop

like well hung exhausts

yeh i know, i have had bad experience with them before. i dropped a car in for a service, and it came back with a cracked head, and they didnt tell me. i only noticed cos i took the oil cap off and it looked like a strawberry milkshake. my brother also took a car in for a service and it came back only running on three cylinders. both the cars were fine before they went in for a routine service. talk about dodgy!!!!

i take my cars to d&t for my exhausts. they treat me properly, (not like a girl that doesnt know whats going on) they've done a few cars of mine.

hmmm maybe somethings come loose or they didnt do something properly??? i dunno but its a definate leak. it really ticks when under load, but not at idle (and its not an engine tick either, def sounds like exhaust) didnt notice it as much when i first got it so it might have been something thats surfaced recently??? if u do come accross paperwork, let me know. i'll definately chase it up thru them. did u take it back to them to get the bolts tightened at the extractors? (sposed to be done after bout 500-1000kms) did u ever get the car tuned? its idling weird atm.

anyway, yeah i love the car. its frickn awesome. i didnt expect it to be as powerful as it is (well compared to my old auto 3k) decided I'm gonna keep the motor as is and upgrade and replace it when it needs to be (or when i get bored, which ever comes first :) )

they did a good job when i looked at it :( and nah i never had it tuned or any thing and with he extracters i did them my self so might need to be tight'nd up, and i am looking for the papers if i find em ill give ya a txt and yes the car did go hard i loved it so so much it draws so much attention even more if it had rims on, keep in touch and take lots of pics 1 day down the track il have to come have a look at my old buddie, haha it was my first car i slpet in it a few times and spend so much time in there!

have a good 1 looking good ps i wanna gonna paint it black but never had the money... :( look after er for meee...:D ;) :(

post-6209-1236768158_thumb.jpg

don't worry its in good hands. I'm getting it serviced and tuned next week, so fingers crossed. whenever i get a car i always have em serviced, for peace of mind.

Have you decided what color to paint the car yet?

What about lime green that will go OK with the number plates.

• 2 weeks later...

service and tune went ok, except timing chain is stuffed. so gotta get that fixed asap. trying not to drive it unless i have too :y:

but on a good note, might finally be getting the paint done. the cars going to my fiancees mates place to be checked out but hes pretty interested in doin it. have decided on the current model ford focus colour called titanium grey, then hopefully a pink pearl over the top.