The Ke30 Project Begins

lildvl83

heres some piccys of the rolla on the day i got it. getting some venetians for it tomorrow and hopefully paint soon. motor runs a little weird and has a definite exhaust leak, so have to get it fixed asap. just a matter of finding time, its hard when u work full time hours :-).

post-7125-1235821737_thumb.jpg

post-7125-1235821898_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i figured thats where it was, its pretty bad under load. can't hear it when idling.

is the 4k supposed to be a 5spd manual? car seems to get "hot" when sitting on 80km or 100km after a while. feels like it wants another gear.

can anyone suggest a good place to have my respray done? I'm getting quotes around the 4000-5000 mark, but they don't seem too interested and I'm getting the feeling they are jamming up the quote so they don't have to do the work. any suggestions?

Come to think of it, we took a chevy that just needed a bit of a touch-up to a place called Down South Paint and Panel in lonsdale. They were cheap as. Not too sure about quality of work but i'm sure that you could get it done heaps cheap. Go there and check them out :dance:

thanks for the reccomendation, will have to try and ge a quote from them.

heres a pic of the rolla with venetians, and her awsome new numberplates :-)

the plates don't suit atm, but should go well once the paints done (fingers crossed it ever happens)

post-7125-1236418875_thumb.jpg

Honestly Venetians and the cannon don't combine really well IMO. Are there any plans for a change with the exhaust at all?

Then again the Massive TOYOTA on the window doesn't really do it justice either, a nice www.rollaclub.com sticker would do so much better :locked: .

What colour paint are you doing again? Or just the yellow again?

by the looks of it probably white, cos i doubt they would paint it all pink :locked: or would they, hehe, i wanna paint a pink rolla! damnit i wish i could start this apprenticeship ages ago. by end of first or second year ill be all ready to spray and shit id say, there was a 3rd year where i did work exp and he was spraying and was damn good at colour matching too.

Wanna paint the ME30?

Lildvl83: Nope just a 4 speed. Although there are a few corollas at UPI with 5 spds still in the car. I know what its like driving a 4spd (plus mines got an auto diff) and the 5spd takes the revs down just enough :locked:

EDIT: i'll grab those venitions off ya, since they don't suit it, apparantly :yes:

Edited by SLO-030

ok, the only changes i have made to the car is the venetians, stockies and plates. everything else was how i got it. sticker will eventually come off cos i think its dumb TOYOTA.. ahh no shit, really i thought it was a mitsubishi :-P

i have got rolla club stickers, just waiting for the paint to be done. pink stickers would look really weird with the orange, the plates look weird enough! and i don't wanna put them on just yet.

not sure what to do about the exhaust. it should suit the car once its got mags and paint, dunno???. i have to get it looked at anyway cos the leak, but what would i replace it with? wouldnt anything other than a pee shooter standard exhaust "not suit"?

tume: its hopefully gonna be charcoal with pink pearl.

i hear you can get aftermarket panels. any ideas on where from? i'd be pretty keen if the quotes for paint don't start coming down. i'd rather give em as many blank panels i can so they can't say about possible rust removal and jacking up the price.

have had a few admirers as the car is. seems to be getting peoples attention, without even trying. or it could be the sound of the exhaust and the car revving its guts off doing 100kmh on the expressway. does sound tuff though :-)

man thats freaky. same colour cars, same sticker and we live around the corner from each other. talk about coincidence. never see u round though. i always see a lighter yellow/mustard boonga 55 cruisin round with an "older" lady driving it.

do u mean the hill just as u come on from marion rd? i love that hill cos people pull out from behind thinkin ur gonna go slow, but u just put ur foot down and it goes, and u leave em behind.