My Ke25 & Ke20

godlovesugly

ive already got a members ride on here somewhere for my KE20 but i picked up a 25 a couple of weeks ago so ill put everything in one thread....

alright. The KE25 came to me through divine intervention..... it started on christmas day when my KE20 shit itself and left me stranded at home, alone, on chrissy day. my family is a 3 hour drive away so i decided to call around and do christmas with some mates. one of the mates happened to own a 4age powered KE25 and he had run up the back of a hilux a couple of weeks before christmas, we got talking on chrissy day and the way he described the car it was a write off so i offered him 1500 for the car so i could swap the engine, diff, brakes etc all over to my KE20, my mate was more than happy with 1500 cause his insurance already gave him 6.5 for it and he wanted it out of his garage. so boxing day i wake up feeling very hungover and very sorry for myself and i do the public transport thing over to cronulla to have a look at the KE25.... when i seen it i was blown away!!! its not a write-off, not even close to a write-off, and i already had the panels, bumper and indicators at home to make the car legal.... this was the KE gods way of thanking me for putting up with the moody KE20 for two years.... so upon closer look at the car i can see that the drivers side 1/4 panel needs replacing and so does everything below the grille and part of the radiator support panel is bent so it needs to be cut out and replaced, but the car drives straight and there was no damage at all to the engine or radiator... "exxcellent"..... after stuffing around for half an hour id pulled the guard away from the tyre and got both indicators working so i drove it home.... i had never driven a 4age powered car and my mate never floored it with me in the car so i didnt know what to expect. i only gave it a bit once on the way home but i was pretty impressed with how hard it pulled, in second gear it did 120 without hitting the limiter, its a bit gutless before 4k but once its gets to 4k it roars until about 9k but i can't see the tacho properly so its hard to tell. once i got the car home i stripped off the bent panels and bumper and took the straight panels from my KE20 and swapped them over so i could use the ke25 as my daily for a while. thats where I'm at now, trying to find parts to get both cars straight and then i can think about paint

how it looked from the passenger side when i went to look at it... where it damage??

102-0250_IMG.jpg

the damage.... not so bad really

102-0253_IMG.jpg

swapped the panel from my KE20 and the fender mirror came with it so i had to put the other one on to match. i have a thing for fender mirrors on old jap cars. also swapped the bumper and a couple of little bits from the front, some parts are still missing but everything to make it legal is there.

102-0258_IMG.jpg

a pic of the engine bay. definitley nothing broken there

102-0254_IMG.jpg

and this is her good side after a wash yesterday.

102-0266_IMG.jpg

this is my KE20 looking sorta clean. at the moment this car is sitting in the driveway waiting for the 25 to find its own panels so it can have its panels back. the 20 was a jerk on chrissy day though so it can sit there and wait patiently for its turn to be cared for.

102-0242_IMG.jpg

so future plans for the 25 are a respray either in the same silver, or british racing green, some te27 flares, a front lip (already have), some wider wheels with dish (already have SSR mk2's) and then either turbo my engine or 4agze, or go 4agze and then turbo that, whatever works out best bang for buck cause I'm a bit of a tight arse.

plans for the KE20 are up in the air. ive got everything bar a fuel rail to make the 3tc a 3teu and ive also got a turbo manifold and turbo for it and I'm really keen to see what sort of power the 3t can get reliably. ive read about 500hp alcohol fueled 3t' from the states but I'm just hoping for a reliable 250hp and then strip everything out of the car so bring the weight down even more. i think the ke20 will become my 30 year project that I'm still working on when I'm retired

if anyone has a drivers side 1/4 panel and any of the front end parts let me know.

Members dont see this ad
Thats a fine looking car, How did the insurance justify writing that off if they still payed out 6.5 for it? The damage doesnt look bad at all.

no idea!!!!

my mate took it to some big flashy panel beater around taren point (sydney), anyone from the shire will know the one I'm talking about, the big glass place that looks way too flashy to be a panel beaters, and they looked at it and said the paint would cost a fortune so they told the insurance company it couldnt be fixed i guess. but yeah i agree that the insurance company are idiots for not even looking at the damage themselves because I'm positive another panel beater would have fixed it.

if i was my mate i would put the 6.5 back into the car and built a weapon but hes got a new baby and needs a car with four doors.... yesterday he was looking at turbo pulsars haha.

this is a very sad day for, to see my old ke25 in the shape its in. good luck with it mate

did you do the conversion and stuff?? or have you just owned it at some stage??

if you did the conversion i wouldnt mind finding out who your engineer is so i can speak to them about future turbo plans etc.

superjamie, ive had so much bad luck with cars that i still find it hard to believe this one made it home without literally blowing up and killing me with it.

lukeae71, the ke20 is definitley staying in my possesion for a while. it was my first car and ive always planned on giving it to my child when they learn to drive so they can drive me around in style when I'm old and senile

• 1 year later...

KE25 is at the panel beater and will be back soon hopefully.

since I originally posted this ive found a set of SSR MK2s (13 x 7 or 7.5 front, 13x 8.5 rear I think) for the KE25 but they need to be polished so they wont be on the car for a month or so. besides that ive just replaced a few bits and pieces in the interior to clean it up.

the KE20 will be sold asap, I need to move houses soon and I wont have room for three cars at my new place. it will be sold with no rego or blue slip, missing a panel or three and the front drivers side wheel has a wobble.... so it will be sold cheap. But it does have a 3tc, T50, pimp status and an engineers certificate. i'll put up some pics asap, if anyone is interested send me a PM