Leah's Ke70

ltzgmp-ke70

Hey, my name is Leah and i just bought my first car =D NEW PHOTOS ADDED!

A red 1982 ke70 csXX

flat front

5spd manual k50

tacho dash

digital clock

factory aircon

I came across the car from a mate I went to school with (Matt99), who is clearly rolla obsessed. He found it on the side of the road and made an offer to the owner.

Ended up buying it on first inspection for a bargain of $500.

Unfortunately the car is not registered, but should be booked into vicroads in a week or two, just waiting for new parker lenses to arrive as the current ones are cracked.

I'll still be on my L plates for a while yet, so until then my boyfriend is going to use it as his daily and I'll just have it when i feel like going for a drive.

I'm new to toyotas and i want to learn as much as possible.

Apparently I've bought one of the mintest or near mintest ke70's available at the moment and have had offers from people to buy it off me already.

I plan to keep it basically stock as I prefer the appeal of that rather than a completely modified car that becomes unrecognizable.

My Plans:::

-Nardi wheel

-Sigma lca's

-lowered suspension, corona struts

-ma61 wheels, when i save up enough gold dubloons.

-weld the borgy :|

Minor Faults:::

-usual tiny amount of rust on rear left passenger door seal

-beginnings of rust inside boot, nothing critical though.

-paint fade on bonnet, maybe it was left under a tree for a while? one side is bright red, other side is near orange :jamie:

-one ciggie burn in the drivers seat, possible minor others on left of centre console in passenger footwell.

DSCN1672.jpg

DSCN1676.jpg

DSCN1667.jpg

DSCN1668.jpg

DSCN1669.jpg

DSCN1670.jpg

DSCN1671.jpg

DSCN1673.jpg

DSCN1674.jpg

Basically, I'm up for suggestions, improvements, anything really. .

Edited by ltzgmp-ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start with a good wash and polish.

Give it a service, oils, filters, plugs check brakes wipers etc,

then get some lowered springs and wheels. :y:

precisely what i was thinking.

however i LOVE ma61s but i realise theyre exxy and probs not good to learn on for fear of breaking their pretty faces.

any suggestions for good looking but not hugely priced wheels? and size info etc?

i really do have a lot to learn. . . sigh. . .

but i do know a guy with a baby elephant that can stretch tyres for me :)

Start with a good wash and polish.

Give it a service, oils, filters, plugs check brakes wipers etc,

Service it every <5,000 Km's. It makes it last 10x longer and run 10x better.

Very nice looking KE70 btw. It is a bit of a pain when the clearcoat wears off. Make sure you keep your

car "red", by polishing it, because if it stays orange it will fade. Mine has the same problem. I have/had the

same problem with the carby aswell. Not exactly sure if it actually is the carby, though. It's swallowed a

can full of carby cleaner and it still does it (very very occasionally). Just gunked up from no one driving it I guess.

Good luck with it. I envy your air con, 5 speed, tacho dash and tape deck! :) "S" model for the win :y:

Service it every <5,000 Km's. It makes it last 10x longer and run 10x better.

Very nice looking KE70 btw. It is a bit of a pain when the clearcoat wears off. Make sure you keep your

car "red", by polishing it, because if it stays orange it will fade. Mine has the same problem. I have/had the

same problem with the carby aswell. Not exactly sure if it actually is the carby, though. It's swallowed a

can full of carby cleaner and it still does it (very very occasionally). Just gunked up from no one driving it I guess.

Good luck with it. I envy your air con, 5 speed, tacho dash and tape deck! ;) "S" model for the win :)

cheers man. the bonnet is the worst spot, the rest is mostly red, but not so glossy anymore. tear. hopefully i can actually get the car to stay in my driveway for a few days so i can work on it and give it some TLC. Considering i just got the car and it was on the side of the road, I'm hoping its slight unreliability will just go away haha. BUT i will be using carby cleaner, replace filters etc. Haven't checked them yet, but I'm guessing they're filthy.

And lots of people seem to envy those four things you mentioned ;) I'm lucky for what i have. I'll be sure to cherish it :y:

Car looks clean as. From the photos, I don't see anything wrong with the paint at all. A nice clean and polish, it should look even better.

You've picked up a better deal than I have! I purchased my car in a pretty clean state (similar to yours minus clear coat :y: ) for $500 as well, but it had about a weeks or 2 rego left on it. That, and I've only got the CS model, no air or tacho dash.

MA61 wheels aren't too bad for their price. Decent widths and offsets on them. I can't really think of anything better for their price.

Car looks clean as. From the photos, I don't see anything wrong with the paint at all. A nice clean and polish, it should look even better.

You've picked up a better deal than I have! I purchased my car in a pretty clean state (similar to yours minus clear coat :y: ) for $500 as well, but it had about a weeks or 2 rego left on it. That, and I've only got the CS model, no air or tacho dash.

MA61 wheels aren't too bad for their price. Decent widths and offsets on them. I can't really think of anything better for their price.

Thanks, i think its rather pretty too :)

When i have the car at my house and camera in hand I'll post up photos of the bonnet fade. It's pretty bad. . .but a proper polish will hopefully fix it up as much as possible.

Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and get ma61s when i find them and save more dollary doos. . .

Hi Leah welcome, that looks like a nice and original ke70 you've got there. I agree when you said you would like to keep it as original as possible, while including a few different touches to your car just to make it a little bit different. Just take your time when when polishing it and don't rush.

You'll be suprised with the results, and being red it will only be better even more. Apart from the cigarette burn, the interior looks preety good. Your ke70 like mine also has a genuine left hand mirror..... very hard to find as you had to pay extra for it at the dealer when new.

You still have the original registration plates too like me, going by the registration, i'd say your car was registered in probably jan/feb 1982. Not 83. As your reg is BI----- and Mine is BJ-----. Where abouts in melbourne are you from.

Keep the updates coming.

Hi Leah welcome, that looks like a nice and original ke70 you've got there. I agree when you said you would like to keep it as original as possible, while including a few different touches to your car just to make it a little bit different. Just take your time when when polishing it and don't rush.

You'll be suprised with the results, and being red it will only be better even more. Apart from the cigarette burn, the interior looks preety good. Your ke70 like mine also has a genuine left hand mirror..... very hard to find as you had to pay extra for it at the dealer when new.

You still have the original registration plates too like me, going by the registration, i'd say your car was registered in probably jan/feb 1982. Not 83. As your reg is BI----- and Mine is BJ-----. Where abouts in melbourne are you from.

Keep the updates coming.

i think we've made a lot of people jealous with our mirrors :y:

i really want to keep those plates but i don't know how thats going to happen, because its not registered at the moment, will they make me get those new ugly blue ones?

I'm in camberwell. parker lenses should be arriving monday or tuesday hopefully.

i have ssr formula mesh 15x7.5 -1 to borrow for a while. should make it look much better.

bulb for rear number plate will go in soon. . . so lazy. . .

This link below outlines the transer of rights for vehicle registration, this should help you.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Regist...ferOfRights.htm

About time theres another ke70 thats close to the Greensborough/Watsonia area. Where abouts in Camberwell are you located. When you get your car registered and cleaned up you should come with a few of the Ke70's for a cruise.