45mm Dellorto 4k

Karllos

Hey all i have the option of running a 45mm twin barrel dellorto carby off a 2lt twin cam alfa engine, onto my 4K

My question is that will there be an adaptor plate for it and or will the jets be too big for my 4K/can they be tuned to run well.

Cheers. Karl

Members dont see this ad

i'm going to assume it's a side-draught...

you can get single side-draught manifolds, Click Here for Ebay Link either new like in the link, or second hand ones come up every 6 months or so :|

the jets will be WAY too large, and most people will suggest not even running a 40mm weber/dellorto as they're a bit big, but it can be made to work.

I would think a 45 would be a bit over size for a 4k ,better off with 40 mm weber.

Considering its off a 2litre :jamie: it would be way over jetted.

I got a 40mm weber on my club car it screams can give you jetting and venturi sizes if needed.

(if i can find them) You can also still buy the inlet manifolds new,try redline manifolds. :|

Nearly same price as ebay over priced s*it

rob

Coming of an Alfa, I'm guessing that it'd be likely to be a side draught, so an adaptor plate would be useless. You'd need to get a new manifold, linkage kit to suit, new filter and then pay the money for however much it will cost to get tuned properly. And generally extractors need to be fitted when using after market manifolds, so there is more money for them and an exhaust too (or just modify the stock one) It will be a pretty expensive task for little to no power gain if it is a stock engine, but if you have done work to it, or plan on it in the future, then it will seem a little more justified. If the "option" of running it is just because you have it sitting there, I don't think it is really the best route.

My question is that will there be an adaptor plate for it and or will the jets be too big for my 4K/can they be tuned to run well.

Cheers. Karl

No, Yes, Yes but a 40mm would be better (assuming stock engine)

You will need a new manifold, due to being a completely different carb than what you have now. Maniflolds are available from people like Lynx and Redline. A single 45 will be fine. Will need a dyno to get fine tuned.

Edited by Redwarf

Thanks for the responses guys.

The only reason is that a mate has one that isnt doing much so i thought id try, its a stock engine and it will stay that way for a while to come, purely because I'm over KE70's not saying they are bad i love mine but want to try and find something newer with not so much age related problems.

Plus i want something more reliable as i require it for study and work reasons.

Anyway thats off the cards il just get a stock one or something cheap to bolt straight onto it.

Thanks again guys, good car club/forums to be apart of.

Cheers Karl.