Going For Drivers Test

flat out

I failed first go, 250-300$ later. I ended up speeding in a school zone where I have never been before.

Ended up getting really pissed off and wanting to hit the instructor so I drove like a dick on the way back to the DOT. Then hit the f@$k out of my bag till my knuckles bled when I got home.

Next try, be observant, know the area and tricks around the place as the instructor will always try and get you on at least something. So maybe 1 or 2 hours before test is a good idea. Try and speak to them a bit, try and take up as much time as you can. Test only goes for 30mins roughly. Watch for signs, road markings and etc.

Lastly, practice reverse parking in between 2 wheelie bins, it's easy when you get use to it. Staying within lanes will only help after practice on driving on the road and maybe try lining something up with the car to help you remember. All of it comes a bit natural later on..

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for my p's in june last year.

I Had to do 60 hours instead of 100 because i had turned 16 before the new laws came out about being 16 to get learners.

SO that was great. By the time i had hit 17 i had 100 hours up anywhom so that didn't matter.

I like to think that i'm a very confident driver.. I Can drive up between 2 cars that you probably have about 10 cm's both side room..

I've scared the panties out of people doing that coz i got so close to peoples brand new cars. Bah go cry.

I was a bit nervous when i went for my p's but in the end i go only 1 error because when i did a U Turn. the road had a slight bend and i went straight instead of turning the corner and little then doing the u turn.

I did only did a handbrake turn.. Drive up and down big hills. Reverse for however metres. And 3 point turns.

I didn't do the reverse park because i had done all the other stuff so well.. But i was joking with the lady instructor anyways so bleh.

I can reverse park anyways so thats no worries..

Anyone recently got there Green p's in QLD. I know theres some test you gotta do but i'm not sure what ?

So yeah be confident.. Check mirrors. ( I wore glasses and barely ever checked my drivers side mirror).

She seen i had looked over to the left mirrors so that was good enough for her.

I did a drivers lesson with an instructor before i actually went for my test.. Just to go over everything.

And i passed so that was sweet ;) Good luck to you.

that's true about the shoulder check

i was once with the instuctor and i had to merge lanes from right to left

i checked my mirror then started to merge and as i was doing it i checked my blind spot and there was a car right there

scared the pants off me. now everytime i merge i always check my blind spot

you kinda have to in these old rolla's anyway

Anyone recently got there Green p's in QLD. I know theres some test you gotta do but i'm not sure what ?

From Red P to Green P you do a Hazard Perception Test. It is Online based and costs 15-20$. Only one test a day if you fail.

All you do, you watch a video and you click on something that you think may be a hazard to you. It will all be explained to you once it's your time.

Good luck mate. Took me 3.5 times to get my P's :)

Had a oriental gentleman that got me for:

not speeding up quick enough the 1st time (total BULLS*^T)

Not Signaling exiting a roundabout 2nd time (definatly my fault)

I also had an acreditor in the car so the prick failed me within 5 mins because i apparantly didnt give way enough to a van. causing it to brake, NOT THAT HE COUDL SEE ANYWAY, KNOB. That test accounts for the .5 as it wasnt even a test :party:

I changed Assesor (spl??) to a nice female one and got it first go with this one :D

That aside, Just be confident and keep calm.

CHEERS

Ryan

Move head to check mirrors...not your eyes.

don't rest foot on clutch pedal if your not using it

both hands on wheel and NO changing gears Mid corner, wait till you on the straight. i got a warning about that..

Other then that, OH speeding, stick to about 3 kays less then speed limit, watch for school zones, and roadworks..

don't be afraid to use handbrake on a hill start either.

Good luck mate