On The Spot Fine

hey guys just wanted to find out something about on the spot fines. what happened was my old man was driving down swanston down in melb he stopped at a red light but about half of his vehicle was over the line this being at 2am and cops are everywhere. 1 dude got him to pull over and gave him a on the spot fine BUT it wasnt given to him at the time the cop just got his details and received it in the mail today a few days later approx 3 days. the fine is red and white assuming its the on the spot fine. BUT the thing is the fine isnt signed so... can he get away with it? if this one isnt signed most likely the original or copy doesnt have a signature of the officer either? any info, insights anything would be really appreciated! cheers

Members dont see this ad

Don't ignore the fine because of a signature, On the spot fine is called an on the spot fine as they are meant to give it to you there and then (unlike drink driving), Does it have the officers number on it at all, I would take it into the issuing station and see them about it.

Most deffinately take it in to the stye and question it, will most likely get off.

I once recieved a letter in the mail stating "we are writing to advise you that offence number XXXXXX has been withdrawn due to an error on the infringment." ;)

Which I was bloody happy about, because it was an ORANGE light ticket not a red one!!!