Prozone Fuel Modifier

Banjo

Has anyone used a Prozone inline fuel modifier. If so, what results have you got from them.

I've read the ProZone websites in the UK & OZ, and some of the testimonials are pretty impressive.

I was talking to a guy the other day, who showed me one fitted to his early Falcon coupe. He has had it on for some time & was glowing it his praise of it. But then he worked for Repco, the Australian agent.

The Prozones sold here in this part of the world are sold right here in Queensland.

Would love to here others comments on this product.

Here is the link for those that don't know of the product.

ProZone Link

ProZone Australia

:S

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as someone from an engineering background, I can't see how it would work. Or even why it should work. By all means try it and see if it would work, but at around $200, that's about 200 litres of petrol you need to save before it pays itself off. Say 10% fuel saving, that's 50 fills at the pump, and around 20000kms before it pays off. In round figures. Probably more.

I'll admit it. I'm a sceptic when it comes to these things. If they were that good, everyone would have them. It reeks of Brocky's Poleriser.

they're a ripoff because they don't work. their "scientific" study of a maestro engine says basically "after 250,000km, the engine wasn't rooted". well, i'd hope that my 1980s stock engine wouldn't be rooted after 250,000km as well, regardless of what fuel i put in it or what doodads i paid lots of money for

admittedly no, i haven't tried one, but if there's a scientific explanation (with elements and the periodic table and stuff) as to why adding trace elements of metal to fuel makes your engine use less juice and magically gain power, i'd like to see it

in my experience, most "fuel saving devices" are a crock. a hi-clone is supposed to be a great fuel saver, and they have an impressive looking website and lots of fake testimonials for their overly expensive product as well, but we all know they do nothing

speaking of the polariser, what was that actually all about? i know that brocky thought polarising the engine block would give it some more power, but there's gotta be more to it than that!? an explanation of it? what did the advertisements and press say about it at the time?

every time i ask someone who was alive and aware of the world around that time, they just shake their head and tell me what a dickhead he was :S

banjo, you may find this page interesting

http://www.fuelsaving.info/biog.htm

then click on main index down the bottom and read what the man has to say here

http://www.fuelsaving.info/debunk.htm

there's even a WHOLE page on fuel catalysts

http://www.fuelsaving.info/catalysts.htm

Edited by Super Jamie

every time i ask someone who was alive and aware of the world around that time, they just shake their head and tell me what a dickhead he was :S

That pretty much sums it up. That was the big break from Holden when he went to either BMW or Sierra's, I can't remember.

The energy polariser was an idea that someone convinced Peter Brock worked. It was a little black box that was somehow connected up to the car and mysteriously gathered all the lost energy in the car and put it back into the cars engine to make it run better. Holden knew better and didnt let Brock market it because they knew it was just a half baked idea that wouldn't work, this caused the split between Brocks peformance arm HDT and Holden. And so it happened that Holden found a new partner HSV.

Lifted from another forum, but it sums it up nicely....

Google.com is your friend... :wootjump:

if people are so touchy about fuel prices, why don't they

a) stop driving as hard

b) quit smoking

c) stop buying burke's backyard magazine

Honestly, how much are you going to save by being anally retentive 200% of the time and getting all up tight when the fuel goes from 104.3 to 104.7... jezz... ! Id rather spend a few hundred bucks more over 10's of years as opposed to bothering to fart around with lil devices in the tank :wootjump:

//rant

Ahhh Teddy, I've missed you.... Spelling :S

Edited by Redwarf

BAHAHAHA teddy smackdown again! *wipes tear*

yeah i have looked on google, many times, so much so i've given up and resorted to asking real people about it :S all i find are ambiguous statements like that one you quoted :wootjump: ah well, guess he was over holden (aren't we all) and wanted to go out with a bang. apparently if you ask him about it these days, he gets really pissed off. i want to do it :)

Basically it was a box with a couple of magnets and iron filings that was meant to readjust the molecules in the car, blah blah positive energy etc....

You get the drift. In short. Small box. Magnets. Bolted to car. Didn't work. :S

Edited by Redwarf

Everyone probably already knows this, but I'll mention it anyway. Lead Replacement Petrol is just Premium Unleaded with a 1-point higher octane rating, and some additives to protect your valves. Yet it costs less at the bowser. So a good way to save money would be to use LRP instead of Premium as you pay less per litre. And if your car doesn't require Premium, just Regular, you could try using LRP instead of Regular as a higher octane rating 'supposedly' slows the burn rate. But I doubt that the improvement in fuel consumption from the use of LRP instead of Regular would offset the extra cost per litre.

Basically it was a box with a couple of magnets and iron filings that was meant to readjust the molecules in the car, blah blah positive energy etc....

You get the drift. In short. Small box. Magnets. Bolted to car. Didn't work. :S

The Polariser certainly 'Polarised' people's opinions. I read somewhere recently the name of the kooky guy that convinced Brocky of the Polariser's usefulness (the guy that created it, coincidentally). I wish I could remember where I'd read it now. It's most probably in one of the magazines (he says looking at the rather large collection). Maybe Brocky was having a delayed (VERY delayed) hippie stint, as he didn't seem to get much of a chance during the 70's as he was too busy actually winning races. By the time of the Polariser all the race wins had pretty much come to an end (Bathurst anyway).

Ahhh i hope that didnt sound like a personal attack or anything !!

Ahh!

Thats just me going offtopic / ranting on about a sub topic.. I suppose my comment was irrelevant to the topic :wootjump: - but ive only ever seen the programs on TV which don't give off a very positive look on them... But if someone thinks it works for there car - then go for gold !

HI spelling fairy ! !

Hullo Teddy. Good to be back! Love, Spelling :S

Edited by Redwarf