Ella's 83 Ke70 (molly) Flat Front Custom Paint

Ella

Hey guys,

since i got to brisbane (recently moved here from darwin NT) ive been looking to fill the void that is not owning a rolla...

On the lookout, good old rolla club delivered. Picked up this rolla the other day and the white one for spares

the one with flames and the 5k in it needs some work, it had some serious noises inside the head when i went to look at it.

Got it home and found the last rocker had come off, to fix that i stole the retainer c clip and spring shim out of the other engine. while i had it apart i pulled the head and checked out the pistons and everything and replaced the head gasket.

With everything back together it started first piston up (woo) but alas it still has noises :lolcry:

Having never had to pull one of these motors down i have no idea where to start... my grandad and uncle who know a bit about old pushrod stuff reckon that its probably my lifters making the racket, and something about them not filling up with oil.

on monday when my stuff arrvies on the truck from darwin i have a oil pressure guage and a timing light so I'm going to check pressure (in case its non lubed parts making the noise :o ) and also going to check my ignition timing in case its a nasty as ping doing the honours....

If anyone with experience with noisy 5k's has any suggestions id be well open to them or better still if your in the redcliffe, brisbane area id be glad to make it worth your while to come have a look at it for me :y:

Anyways now for the piccies sorry bout the size but i have no idea how to fix them :P

heres one from when i first went to see her

post-1450-1233450628_thumb.jpg

heres the underside of the head... lookin good :P

post-1450-1233450775_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ella

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here she is shortly before i ran it again... pity it was still noisy :y:

post-1450-1233451488_thumb.jpg

heres the rest of here in my back yard, still needs a wash. the flames are starting to grow on me but ill probaby paint the car soon. bet they make me cop bait.

post-1450-1233451554_thumb.jpg

heres the engine in the crashed one. runs like a swiss watch :y: will probably pull the 5k and replace it with this for the time being to get myself mobile already...

post-1450-1233451816_thumb.jpg

OMG immaculate interior, this is sooo going in the other one!

post-1450-1233452128_thumb.jpg

the back seat and all is perfect under all that junk this also will go in the other car, this will be more stuff going into the flamed one.

post-1450-1233452314_thumb.jpg

heres a exterior shot of the other one... its a pity it was crashed its in SUCH good condition

post-1450-1233452592_thumb.jpg

anyways thats about all i have for now, if anone can help with my noisy motor issues please let me know before i pull the motor out... cheers for reading guys,

Luke.

Edited by Ella

the crashed one has 80,000 ks on the clock :P

Lol ellas just a nickname hey my real names luke. long story to that one...

glad to see someone likes the flames, i like them cause it makes the car stand out a little, but not so keen on the fact they are purple...

sooo anyone got any ideas on my noise in my motor, my grandad seems to think the lifters are the cause hey I'm worried it might be something else tho :y:

two more pics, the interior is now stripped ready for the bits from the nice one!

the rear bit

post-1450-1233479237_thumb.jpg

and front floor

post-1450-1233479308_thumb.jpg

will post again when its all vacuumed and clean!

does anyone know where i can get two Very good condition door handles? (from the inside, the bits you use to pull the door shut) the only bits neither car has, will kind of let it down having such a overrated interior and no bloody handles lol.

Edited by Ella

looks nice man

not a fan of the purple flames, wheres the traditional fire coloured flames?

should read through thte faq on here on converting your lifters, i havent read it/ done it personally but the other faqs on here are great so might be worth a squiz

whats plans once up and running well?

Travis

lol i bought it like that not much of a fan myself hey...

plans: fix lifters

get rego

probably convert the diff from the other car over (its auto)

paint the f@$ker (yeah i really am over them flames)

and some new wheels (the widest 15" challengers i can gets my hands on)

then it will be my daily while i save to bring my VL turbo down from darwin :P

well ive just come back home from repco... new lifters on the way at 3.80 each I'm doing the lot.

about to go pull the head off and remove them, got the tool i need from a mate of grandads :y:

will post up pics of the epic fixorness :D