Ella's 83 Ke70 (molly) Flat Front Custom Paint

Ella

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

heres a new pic of it with my mags on finally...

post-1450-1242022816_thumb.jpg

Edit: wow thats f@$kin dark, ill get another shortly as well as some pics of the new goodies for the DX.

Edited by Ella

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

OK! so i guess this thread deserves a revival...

This car never actually sold, between me getting stuffed about by buyers, and me just plain wanting to keep it as ive always had a soft spot for it so in the end it stayed in my posession.

The poor car having suffered some sort of fail inside the motor has been sitting for quite a while and my friends and i had been joking about putting a V8 in it and entering it in the drags, burnout comps and etc, and my favorite bogan revhead festival, powercruise.

Only days after the discussion i iwas browsing Ebay and came across just what i needed, a custom engine plates/mount set, custom gearbox crossmember and custom tailshaft all to suit a holden 308 into a KE70 corolla.

i won this auction on ebay for the princely sum of 76 dollars.

Since then i have also purchased a 308 pulled down for a rebuild and a trimatic gearbox from a early model commodore, which is the version i needed.

All i need to do now to finish the engine off is buy a set of bottom end bearings, new rings and gasket kit and then of course build the bottom end. i think I'm going to pay someone to do the job however as I'm kind of over the jigsaw puzzle after building the heads (relatively simple) earlier this evening.

is the tourque from this going to rip my car apart? if so what needs to be braced where and what not. seam welding perhaps? i also plan on a cage as funds permit will this in itself be enough?

my other hurdle is the need to setup the rear end of the car, any suggestions here would be good. I was going to get a hilux diff at the right width and get it set up with mounts to suit the corolla, or maybe even get a commodore borg warner shortened to suit. will either of these handle the v8's grunt or not?

If I'm going to this trouble i think its going to be worth setting up the rear end to grip in a serious way, whats peoples opinions on what would be the best way to go with this. does the stock ke70 setup lend itself to this sort of thing or should i look at modifying my entire rear end's setup to work better? ive heard of things like 4 links and ladder bar setups Etc but know nothing about drag car setup.

Also bearing in mind i'd like to be able to still somewhat be able to drive it a bit other than ten seconds at a time as i want to be able to enter burnout competitions in it.

thanks guys, hope yous like what I'm up to with it here.

Luke.

Hey dude, that cars gonna be sick when its done.

I noticed that you don't have a fan blade running

off your motor? (5k) so that must meen you run

a thermo fan, correct?

If so could you please let me know cause I'm just

about to do the same to my car and if your not gonna

need it any more (v8's need v8 radiators obviously)

id be keen to buy it from you.

Thanks m8.

Pete. :y:

mmm, i like ;)

it will do its very best to twist the chassis.

mainly where theres the gap between the rails, and also the join from the front rails just behind the firewall, how they overlap the floor pan rails, thats where mine decided to start opening up.

if you seam weld it, and get defected, you will never get the car back on the road. ever.

I'm only caging mine, weld in however, and a serious cage at that, but that should be enough, and I'm after 400 at the tyres, from a turbo motor though, so probably not as much twisting action as you will see.

check out some of the PR guys cars, they stick very very well, not sure how much has been done to them.

its already a 4 link + panhard setup, so not much else to go with for dragging. so stick whatever diff you want under it, 9" are cheap, well known and easy to get parts for.

might ahve to run a taller tyre to keep legal ground clearance though.

keep us up to date :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so here are the pics you guys have been waiting for, here are my Custom engine plate mounts. will need a clean up and stuff but they do the job :)

They are attatched to a KE70 cross member currently, but ill probably just attatch them to the one in the car already.

post-1450-1260286510_thumb.jpg

This rollas never gonna be late with a....

post-1450-1260286730_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ella

inlet manifold, 2500rpm stally, and my custom tailshaft.

post-1450-1260287018_thumb.jpg

the box ill be using, just a standard V8 version, early commodore trimatic, i have a second one to rebuild and get shift kitted and probably transbraked too :)

post-1450-1260287177_thumb.jpg

various bits and pieces from the puzzle that is my bottom end of my motor and other bits there, including that spare trimatic.

post-1450-1260287439_thumb.jpg

pistons awaiting new rings, considering new pistons as well, something a little stronger to withstand a little giggle gas (yes i truly am insane mwahahaha) does anybody know how well the stock holden rods hold up to the rigours of nitrous?

also my prepped and then soda blasted then wrapped up block, and my pulled apart awaiting re-kit 750 holley.

post-1450-1260287716_thumb.jpg