Ca18 Ke20 ** Almost Finished Pics On Last Page

oke020

I bought a CA18det powered KE20 from a rollaclub member before christmas, although well engineered the condition of the body and paint was sub par, have spent the last month or so fixing dents, changing panels and sanding, last couple of nights have been a bit more interesting as i am up to blocking back and buffing stage.

I am making this car a bit of a clone to my other KE20, PHATKE20s hooked me up with some corona rims and it will be running some 14" whitewall nankang tires with dress rims and centre caps etc. Need to convert to 4x114.3 pcd for this to happen. Interior should clean up ok, after i have finished buffing and its all back together i need to pull the engine and tidy up in there. Here are some pics

How it was

3222.jpg

3225.jpg

Much panel work, had to swap doors with another set after these pics

3248.jpg

3249.jpg

3250.jpg

3251.jpg

3252.jpg

Starting to block back and buff, pics are not real good

3253.jpg

3254.jpg

3255.jpg

3256.jpg

3257.jpg

3258.jpg

Chrome trims, badges, side strip and wheels will be similar to what i used to run on other 20 but with whitewalls

1499.jpg

Edited by oke020

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 2JZ one is ridiculous yes but its hard to have fun with it on the road, its the kind of engine thats either on or off and when its on shit happens fairly quickly and could go wrong very easy.

This one has already run low 13s hitting the speed cut with small tires and with the stock locked diff, i plan to fit a decent diff, maybe an adaptronic ecu and a 75shot. Should push it into the low 12s high 11 et range eventually, in my experience a genuine 11sec 115-120 mph car is plenty fast on the road and not much will touch it.

I also spend my week days driving a 3 cyl suzuki, do that for 2 months or so and a ca18det ke20 will feel fast enough haha :P

Damn man this thing looks awesome should be good when it's running

CA's in just about anything light haul ass anyway no need to even pump up the power much anyway, a mate of mine had a CA18DET in a old 1200 sedan and with a sr turbo and more boost it used to thrash the new clubsports :P

cheers man, blocked back and buffed the roof last night what a mission, still got passenger door and front guard and half the bonnet to go. Then have to do window black outs and start putting glass and stuff back in.

Bought the wife an SR20det 1200 ute once, that thing had a stock red top sr in it, stock ecu, stock t25, made about 15psi with the gate jammed shut and used to run mid 12s on street tires and get to coast and back on like $7 fuel, with a 50 shot on it it ran 11.9 @ 116, awesome reliable and fun car, should not of sold it i guess. But this is what i want to get back to, something i can go mucking around in and not have to worry about the plod comfiscating my 55k pride and joy

1070.jpg

965.jpg

962.jpg

Here is a vid (watch the sound at the start when the v8 shitbox making all its noise in its 1st gear skid)

Edited by oke020

Yeah i bought that ute done, had 200sx brakes and calipers on the front holden disks and 300zx calipers on the rear, stopped stupidly well, very scary watching the misses fishtailing up the road over 100km/hr but she seemed to be able to handle it well, think her best et was 13.2, i used to manage 12.50s in same tune but i had a bit more experience getting it off the line and with swift gear changes (although i munched 2 boxs to her 0 lol)

Here is a race from back in the day, she spins the thing passed 330feet hahah, note the ke20 still wins, stock 13bt, stock boost, 155x12x60 tires :D