February 10, 200917 yr comment_316905 Hey, just wondering if anyone knows what these looms do and join up to?? Firstly there are these two plugs by the coil. Secondly there is this one that runs with the sensor wires. (Oil & Temp) Then I thought they two of these, which have never been connected as long as I've owned the car, look the same and connect. Anyone know if this is right?? And what does it do?? Lastly, I took the sub out and noticed this plug by the fuel tank. Could it be for a low level fuel light?? thanks, Jon. Report
February 10, 200917 yr comment_316911 Not 100% but I think I used one of those plugs near the coil to connect up the tacho on my KE35. Report
February 10, 200917 yr comment_317005 My guess is that the one near the oil filter may be for the A/C compresser. The one in the boot, I'm pretty sure is for the factory speakers. Should be a black, a white and red wire coming out of it?.. Report
February 10, 200917 yr comment_317080 That single plug near the coil is the air-con request. Thought you would have known that Jon! So it doesn't belong where you've plugged it in. Other one in the picture with it looks like the reverse lights plug to the GB. Do you have a brake fluid lo level plug in your master cylinder? As for the one in the boot, do you know if TE30's had a mechanical or electrical fuel pump? Being 3x wires sammo's probably right with the speakers. Report
February 11, 200917 yr Author comment_317131 I'm not too sure about the boot one belonging to the speakers as there is only one, not two. As for one of the wires possibly belonging to the ac, thats what i've always thought. But i haven't installed any yet. And lastly one of the wires can't be for the GB. You can see the wiring in the close up in one of the pics. One loom is green, the other white as i had to grab a replacement from my KE36. But here is an interesting fact, the reverse wire in the KE30's is different to the KE55's. The KE30's have two wires while the KE55's have three. Report
February 11, 200917 yr comment_317135 2x speakers only need 3x wires, as the 3rd is a COMMON earth. There may be an extension that plugs onto it to each speaker. See if you can't find any other wiring that could be for speakers. Can garentee that single wire is aircon. :) 3rd (and possibly 4th) wires in a 55 are for the 4th gear (and possibly 5th) trigger wires to the carby for cruising duties. Where does the wiring from your GB go back into the loom? Report
February 12, 200917 yr Author comment_317646 Gearbox wire... Other end of wire... Brake booster... Is this the fluid level one?? Report
February 12, 200917 yr Author comment_317671 Where does the light go?? Its not in the middle behind the number plate?? Report
February 12, 200917 yr comment_317674 The extra plug in the boot is for a boot light. I doubt it. Ive never seen a boot light in a ke30. Report
February 12, 200917 yr Author comment_317677 He apparently has it in his car. I'm waiting for pics. Report
February 12, 200917 yr Author comment_317680 Tho the loom is twice as big as the one inside the car for the room light. Report
February 13, 200917 yr comment_317880 Well I was on the right track re the reverse plug, it green and female..... but obviously not it. I'll double check on my car, but I think my BB low level indicator has 2x wires. :dance: Report
February 14, 200917 yr comment_318288 I was wrong My boot light def not factory. I have a spare wiring loom so i had a look, The 3 plug wire (A) goes to the loom behind the dash radio area, the single green wire (b) is terminated to earth at tail light harness. Edited February 14, 200917 yr by KE30_KE35_KE55 Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now