Ke30 Extra Bits

JiP

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows what these looms do and join up to??

Firstly there are these two plugs by the coil.

post-1158-1234256514_thumb.jpg

Secondly there is this one that runs with the sensor wires. (Oil & Temp)

post-1158-1234256546_thumb.jpg

Then I thought they two of these, which have never been connected as long as I've owned the car, look the same and connect. Anyone know if this is right?? And what does it do??

post-1158-1234256607_thumb.jpg

Lastly, I took the sub out and noticed this plug by the fuel tank. Could it be for a low level fuel light??

post-1158-1234256680_thumb.jpg

thanks,

Jon.

Members dont see this ad

That single plug near the coil is the air-con request. Thought you would have known that Jon! So it doesn't belong where you've plugged it in. Other one in the picture with it looks like the reverse lights plug to the GB.

Do you have a brake fluid lo level plug in your master cylinder?

As for the one in the boot, do you know if TE30's had a mechanical or electrical fuel pump?

Being 3x wires sammo's probably right with the speakers.

I'm not too sure about the boot one belonging to the speakers as there is only one, not two.

As for one of the wires possibly belonging to the ac, thats what i've always thought. But i haven't installed any yet.

And lastly one of the wires can't be for the GB. You can see the wiring in the close up in one of the pics. One loom is green, the other white as i had to grab a replacement from my KE36. But here is an interesting fact, the reverse wire in the KE30's is different to the KE55's. The KE30's have two wires while the KE55's have three.

2x speakers only need 3x wires, as the 3rd is a COMMON earth. There may be an extension that plugs onto it to each speaker.

See if you can't find any other wiring that could be for speakers.

Can garentee that single wire is aircon. :)

3rd (and possibly 4th) wires in a 55 are for the 4th gear (and possibly 5th) trigger wires to the carby for cruising duties.

Where does the wiring from your GB go back into the loom?

I was wrong My boot light def not factory.

I have a spare wiring loom so i had a look,

The 3 plug wire (A) goes to the loom behind the dash radio area, the single green wire (b) is terminated to earth at tail light harness.

post-3388-1234614248_thumb.jpg

Edited by KE30_KE35_KE55