Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4ac Mods

Featured Replies

Hey to all, I have a really good 4ac motor in my little AE71 with only 92k on the clock, now I will be doing 20V conversion very soon but I will be putting the old 4AC into a wagon or something like this. I will be using it as my daily once I have my 20V conversion complete.

 

But I want to know who has a 4AC and what mods they have done to it and were they happy with it or not, I’m thinking more along the lines of internals.

I’ve already sourced a nice exhaust and extractor setup and I have my 32/36 DGV ready to go on.

 

I have done,

1. Electronic distributor (fireball xr700)

2. New eagle one 8mm leads

3. New clutch (master, slave, belt, plate)

4. Water pump

5. Timing belt

 

So anything you guys n gals can think of would be mega mega appreciated,

 

Thanks Stixy

I had an extra slot put into my cam drive gear on the head to advance the cam 5 degrees, gave a good power increase between 3,000 and 4,000RPM.

 

When your ready for your 20v conversion let us know as I sell the RWD cooling system parts

  • Author

oh sweet bro, what did that $et you back to get done?

 

mmmm this cooling syst... I'm interested....... but not atm will hit you up latter though

I had a friend do that for me, hes no longer around and I didnt have to pay for it. I still have the pulley somewhere I think but I havent seen it in a long time.

my mod to my 4ac was pulling it out and putting a 4age in

 

a 32/36 makes them go a little better

  • Author

yes yes i know, 4AG..... I'm doing it in a few months, just want to do some nice mods to the 4a because it going in a wagon or a panno as my daily and work horse.

 

yeah got a 32/36 a while ago going to get it rebuilt and prop jetted, was of an escort.

 

cheers fro help

 

:|

i got port/polish, bigger valves, mild cam and it goes pretty well. i would recommend making an adjustable cam gear and shaving the head a fair chunk to bump up compression, but you mentioned it would be a daily in your wagon/panno? shaving the head would require the use of 95 or 98 octane fuel which is obviously more expensive. depends how many kms you do in it. also get a decent cold air intake.

 

Dillon

So even carby motors like cold air?

Port Matched Twin 40mm TRD Intake Manifold

2 x 40mm Carbs (Dellortos)

Polished Head

Cam

Standard Points Dizzy (Really to get electric) 8+ degress advance

 

2.25" Exhaust

 

Yes, I know folks a 4AGE is easy, but running Logged PRC P2 vehicle. a 4AGE is NOT allowed.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.