Suitible Turbo For A 4k

rundell

Was thinking of trying my turbo kit on my 4k again but need another turbo as the old one broke and too hard to find another ct12 now. What turbo would be suitable for a 4k? Something with torque and not much lag, and a cheap turbo. Have been looking at putting a stock turbo from a 32 rb20 on it would that be suitable or too big? Cheers any help will be helpful just double checking before i rush out and buy wrong one

Members dont see this ad
Was thinking of trying my turbo kit on my 4k again but need another turbo as the old one broke and too hard to find another ct12 now. What turbo would be suitable for a 4k? Something with torque and not much lag, and a cheap turbo. Have been looking at putting a stock turbo from a 32 rb20 on it would that be suitable or too big? Cheers any help will be helpful just double checking before i rush out and buy wrong one

Are you going to be running a blow-thru setup?

If so, are you chasing a carbon sealed turbo, or just going to run a regular one?

I'm going to say that its way to large for the little 1.3.

the exhaust housings are masive compared to the ct12 turbo because the rotarys flow an awsome amont of exhaust gasses compared to anything of a similar size

id say something like a t25 of a ca18 or sr20, shoulb be plently of those around cheap, the rb20 turbo would probably be okay aswell because the exhaust housing is relativly small, but it will be laggier than the ct12

I'm going to say that its way to large for the little 1.3.

the exhaust housings are masive compared to the ct12 turbo because the rotarys flow an awsome amont of exhaust gasses compared to anything of a similar size

id say something like a t25 of a ca18 or sr20, shoulb be plently of those around cheap, the rb20 turbo would probably be okay aswell because the exhaust housing is relativly small, but it will be laggier than the ct12

yeh i was looking at a t25 just gotta find a cheap one, Ohh i see might try give the rb20 turbo if too laggy swap that over with a t25 if i find one. But any other cheap turbo suggestions will be helpful thankyou

T3 (RB20) will be FAR too big for it. As too will the 13bt turbo - you'd never get boost with that. :(

T25G is great for bottom end/torque. T28 for bit better top end.

WRX TD04-L turbos are also a great option, thats why I had one. Good mid-range and top end flow, still using a small housing so bugger all lag, and steel wheeled so no restriction in boost like a T2X. :)

Not to pedal my own wears but when I was looking into a turbo 5K setup for my self I invested in a fully rebuilt WRX turbo.

I am now selling it if you serch my name in the for sale thread you will see it if you are interested and Taz has commented in that thread about the turbos suitability on a K motor also.

Cheers

Cameron