Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brake Noise

Featured Replies

Check your wheels bearings.

 

The red KE25 used to howl, vibrate and squel like mad through the steering wheel, until I changed the wheel bearings (or tighten them up if loose).

^ wheel bearings were the first thing that hit me when she said "howling"

 

Jack the car up, grab the wheel on either side and see how much play it has (as in if the wheel rocks when you put pressure on the sides)

 

If the caliper was keeping the pads engaged on the disk, then when you grabbed the brakes it would more then likely pull to one side.

 

In the absense of any symptoms other then the howling noise, Id almost put money on it being the wheel bearings :P

I still think that the problem is in the brakes somewhere. It sounds EXACTLY the same as what mine was doing for a month or so. Until it was a constant scraping sound. At first I thought it was a wheel bearing till I looked at my brake pads and realised that one of the pads was totally worn and it damaged my rotor. I think you should just do what I did. Rotors, brake pads, caliper kits and wheel bearings. If it's not one of those I'll eat my shoe.

  • Author

I got mum's boyfriend to have a look at it again [last time he was in a bad mood and really couldn't be stuffed] and he said its just coz dust got in there and made the pad shiny or something, and it only happens when I turn coz the pads flex or something.

 

Thank you for trying to help and sorry for wasting your time :P

I got mum's boyfriend to have a look at it again [last time he was in a bad mood and really couldn't be stuffed] and he said its just coz dust got in there and made the pad shiny or something, and it only happens when I turn coz the pads flex or something.

 

Thank you for trying to help and sorry for wasting your time :P

 

Well that sounds like a crock of shit. Pad's "flexxing" when you turn? It's a strut, the whole wheel, disc, caliper and spring/shock turn as one, there's no "flexxing" there.

  • Author

Maybe I heard him or interpretted what he said wrong.

 

Or maybe its a caliper and we're all gonna die. Either way.

haha, I thought the same thing Hiro, but wasnt sure how to question what she wrote without sounding like I was being aggressive or demeening.

 

Are you on the brakes when it makes the noise (ie. braking through the corner?) or doe it happen even when you roll round the corner.

 

Does it change note at different speeds? (ie. ride a round about really slow, then a bit faster, does the frequency or pitch change?)

 

Is there any feedback through the steering to suggest vibrations? (usually wheel bearings will give you some form of vibration through the steering when they clonk around when turning.)

  • Author

Na, nothing's effected, just makes a noise, same noise every time.

 

Its like when I haven't completely got off the brake when I start turning a corner. And only when the brake is on.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.